Working at Mac Tools — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Mac Tools pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Mac Tools

From Westerville, Ohio — 01/10/2008

The pay is competitive for what I do. Respect has been given since day one, as it should be. The head of our department knew my name (and spoke it when he said hello) before I was even sure what his was. The benefits are a little expensive, but where are they *in*expensive anymore? I'm not sure about job security, as I haven't been here long, but it appears to me so far that if you come to work and do what you are paid to do, you've got a job there. The offices are closed on the weekends; working a customer service job and having the weekends off is *unheard* of, so I am very grateful for that. Career growth potential seems very high here; they truly seem to hire from within first whenever possible, which is very encouraging. Location is good, secure, lots of places to eat. Co-workers are fantastic; I only really know those in my department, but they know their job and they are very helpful. Work environment is great.

Overall, I have to say I'm very impressed with this company so far. I've worked some horrible, horrible jobs in my life, and I feel very fortunate to have been able to gain employment here, especially at my age (let's just say I'm not exactly a spring chicken). If you are in this area and see this company is hiring, do not hesitate to apply.

From Columbus, Ohio — 12/04/2007

I have worked at Mac Tools corporate office for over a year and I love it!! I do work in the, what you could call the bottom of the ladder, in c/s, but the ppl here are great. Its like its a big family everyone cares for everyone. The benefits are kinda expensive but they work. The career growth here is sky is the limit. Mac tools is in with Stanley tools, so you can always work for them but you would have to move to CT. Just as an example, I have a boss that been with the company for 20 plus years and he/she has been promoted 19 times, so you cant tell me this isnt a great place to work for. Life vs work, they dont give you more then you can handle, they try to balance it for everyone.