Working at MAC cosmetics — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about MAC cosmetics pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at MAC cosmetics

From Bay Area, CA — 05/19/2010

I use to love make up and dreamt of working for MAC for years. Finally my wish came true and so did the truth. Applying for MAC made me feel like I was pledging for a sorority. Lots of interviews. And once I did get a freelance position I felt like I had to jump through more hoops. Given crappy hours and given appointments back to back. The company is really anal about making sales and pushes you to do so.
As a freelancer it is interesting to experience different counters, however it is hard to really develop bonds, as coworkers and settings constantly change. Most of the coworkers fall into the clique realm of ditzy girly-girls…however there are a few who have some intellect. The pay is pretty good. But you don’t get a discount as a freelancer.
I Found out that most people become permanent after working as a freelancer for a while and realized that perhaps working my way into a permanent position was not really for me. I’m just not one to be used and abused, but I am certain if you stick with it maybe you’ll eventually get a full time job.