Working at Lowes — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Lowes pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Lowes

From Howell, MI — 08/18/2010

Lowe's is a great company to work for. I was a cashier and was paid $10.50 an hour when I started. I got all the hours I wanted and loved working with all the people. I have no complaints about working here!

From TX — 06/26/2010

Traning is way too long! And you have to work in the heat at the register in the garden center. It sucks.

From griffin ga — 06/20/2010

I love working at Lowes. Iíve been there over a year starting off as a seasonal part time unloader. And in this short time Iíve had three promotions which were all accompanied by raises, and now Iím in the process of department manager. Our management team and most of the employees are very caring and hard working, but of course their are the few bad apples. I have no problem getting days off if I need them and they are very good making sure you donít have to close one night and open the very next night. I would recommend Lowes as a employer to anyone!

From Albuquerque — 05/14/2010

Jim Neal is a piece of Shit.....

From East Indianapolis #272 — 05/03/2010

Management is horrible and needs to be replaced from the top, down. You can't go to management with any problems because they act like they don't care, unless you are in their little clique. You can walk right past our store manager and he will never speak a word to you. Management at this store does not care about it's employees.

Some people seem to get away with whatever they want, I just don't get it. If I did the things they do, I would be written-up or fired.

Many of the comments I've read here from others, could lead you to think they were talking about my store. These problems are not just isolated to a couple of stores, they seem to be rampant throughout the company. Corporate needs to wake up and do something about it.

From Austin,tx 78756 — 04/16/2010

lowes is ok company but management freakin sucks!!

From Pa — 03/25/2010

I love Lowes. We have a great team. The managers and the rest of the employees all work together as a team. We celebrate our wins together. The benifits are great. Lowes listens to it's employees. They do what ever they can do to make the work place a good place to be. Managment listens to and acts on our suggestions. Floor level employees are a part of the decision making. Your potential for growth in the company is as high as you want to make it. Our team backs you 100% and makes sure you are provided the resources to grow. We are treated with respect.

From ohio — 03/18/2010

I have been with lowes for 8 years. I have been in retail for 37 years. Lowes truly cares about it's people. I enjoy my work and the people that I work with. I cannot imagine a company that I would enjoy working for any more than Lowe's.

From columbia,tennessee — 03/15/2010

I work at Lowes in columbia tennessee and have been there for one year I think we have the best managment team around they will jump right in and help when needed.They are willing to work with our needs for time off.We have the best customer service employees.Don't get me wrong we do have a few empoyees they haven't completely figured out that customers come first but they will get in before long.At our store we are completel customer focused.Thank you Lowes of columbia for giving me the chance to become one of your employees!!!

From Multiple locations — 03/06/2010

I worked my way up from department manager to sales manager over the course of almost five years. I did well with pay and the bonus structure, although I had to be willing to move around the Midwest to available positions to get promoted. It was all well and good until I was sent to a "problem" store and was told it was my responsibility to work 6 days a week (at least) to try and fix it, while other managers came and went and never put any extra effort into their work! Other managers would try and shift the blame from themselves and lack of work by pointing fingers and trying to find fault with those actually DOING good work. I ended up quitting for the first time in my life with no job or backup plan just to get away from these other crazy managers! I made good friends and good money, but eventually the burn-out catches up to you. I took a long, hard look at myself and that I never saw my friends or family, and would be perpetually single forever if I did not make time for myself and find a better work/life balance. I leaned a lot and loved the job when I was at stores doing well, but having to fix "broken" stores with no support is a losing battle! Of course, after I left all the other managers got fired, but too bad for the stores the good employees get turned off by the nonsense and leave well before they can fired the bad seeds.