Working at Lifetime Fitness — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Lifetime Fitness pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Lifetime Fitness

From Dallas, Texas — 04/16/2010

The best part of this job is definitely the potential for growth and movement up in the company.... IF you play by their rules...which are, in my opinion, just careless and messy. Especially in the LifeSpa. They need so much more organization and education and protocol! Emphasis on the protocol.
Intimidation and/or ignoring younger and less experienced employees seems to be a problem throughout the club and I believe that is mostly because management is having awkward and obvious growing pains. This is the reason for the excess turnover. Life/Work Balance is clearly not even considered and cant be maintained at a healthy level. This is sad because the company could be an employees dream come true! Free membership, networking opportunities, promoting from within the company....encouraging people to be health conscious and happy! Yea it could be great....but until the right attitude, encouragement, and work atmosphere/energy is achieved...not to mention, a compensation package that ENCOURAGES employees to reach out and share their ideas... thats never going to happen!! Too bad so sad!!

From Loudoun, VA — 08/04/2009

It depends on the club. It is a well known fact within the VA LTF clubs that the Fairfax Club is the 'learning center'. Basically, upper management gets sent their to learn when they screw up.

I really enjoy my job. The pay is lower than I would like it to be, but It is manageable. Some of the upper management can be 'money money money' driven, but most of the time it seems like the genuinely care, and they are very nice people. As a Mid level 'Frontline' manager, I get hit a LOT by complaints from members about customer policies, and it can be frustrating when the Upper Management gives into their demands and puts the blame from their policies on me. I have experienced this everywhere, though.

Overall, I would give it a 7 out of 10

From Burr Ridge IL — 01/13/2009

This job does tend to take over your life, but I loved the people I worked with and I was given every opportunity to move up. I worked for the company for 4 years and I would go back if there was one where I live now.

From Old Orchard — 11/12/2008

Old Orchard is a great Club to work. The Team Members are so friendly and helpful to each other. managers really care and seem to have so much fun with each other. we hear a new GM is coming. current GM is awesome. Cares about her Employees. Sad to read other employees are not happy at other Life Times. our Club is so busy and Members are difficult but we love working there we had a meeting last night. The Director ran the meeting nice guy. Managers seem to like him and respect him. I can see he manages well. they do things right at this Club. Flav is great Laura is fun Rachel helps us a lot. PT is friendly and welcome us to work out. Mike R knows everyone. new operations staff. they seem to work hard and keep our club clean. Susann is great and makes sure we are friendly and our shirts are tucked in. She always smiles. Sorry to see her go. The new club is lucky to get her. Peace out. love lifetime.