Working at Liberty Mutual — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Liberty Mutual pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Liberty Mutual

From NJ — 04/11/2008

Great place to work. Just go to work. Manage your files and you will do good. The pay is great and the raises are also. You are not afraid to talk to management....the mangers dooor is always....always open. Work/life balance is great they give a lot of flexible time off...you dont even use all of them. co-workers are nice. The work environment reflects a little family working together to uphold the name of the compnay

From Marlton NJ — 03/13/2008

Just interested since so many co-workers have vented In Marlton, how did you like VIP?
If you are so miserable, leave. The Company does not need you or your negative morale. This site is intended to give the full picture for employement oppportunity. The word vent implies complaint. How much positive feedback would the reader expect?
This is a large company , not a "mom and pop we'll take care of you" place. I am not sure what large company is, but if you are looking for employement Liberty Mutual has multiple locations. Yes, if you are willing to move- there is greater advancement opportunity. Not as much if you intend to remain local.
This is a business, their goal is to make money. You will not see any smart business person making decision to please an employee vs. benefit the company. I am happy, have respect for my peers and the upper management I work with. At the end of the day it is my family that matters. I do not go to work every day to make friends and get wrapped up in the petty gossip. All jobs produce stress. Insurance, especially working with customers who have encountered a loss. But I can say with confidence, my rating and pay is in line with my work product. The Marlton office has some very tenured staff. Unfortunately, we worked with managment that previously carried folks over from year to year without constructive feedback. Now we are working with new management. If they realize some folks were coasting by and are now looking to improve the work- my answer is it is about time. Rather than spending the day worring if the person next to you is getting away with something- why not expend your energy putting in the expected effort and you too may actually see the benefit of proper pay.
We received bonus's today that are the best I have seen in years. The company must be making some well thought out decisions.
Those of you expressing how victimized you are, take a closer look in the mirror. Perhaps it was deserved.

From NJ — 02/28/2008

Liberty Mutual is a very good company to work for. Let me explain why... If you are hard working and motivated then you will go far and be rewarded with the company. If you do the minimum amount of work possible and just try to get through the day and hope that noone figures out that all day you have accomplished nothing... then chances are you will get laid off, sorry to say but it is the truth. For a long time the company let employees like this get away with that for years and years without and punishment, I mean you could cost the company a fortune ( I have seen this already) and you would still have a job, thank god that they have thrown that policy out. This company holds people accountable, There was a time when I would look at someone and say whatever you are getting paid it is WAY too much. Thankfully they laid most of them off now, sad to say though the office morale has suffered now and alot of people have quit or obtained employment elsewhere, I feel the office in general will recover and it will be back even stronger. There are alot of people who are left salty over the fact they were laid off but please do not let a few incompetent employees keep you from working for an amazing company with good pay (in comparision to other companies) and decent benefits, and a great opportunity for growth.

From New England Region — 05/14/2007

I feel respected, and think my boss is looking out for my best interests. My work/home ratio is incredibly great, due to recient changes in assignment allocation. Benefits are good (they still have a pension plan!). Trainers know their stuff, or, if you stump them, they make it their mission to find the answer for you. I've learned 10x more here than other competitors I have worked for in the past. Position measuring metrics are tough to meet, but they set the bar high, and seem to understand that fact. I feel challenged, and I want to work here forever!

From Fairfax, VA — 01/25/2007

All those people are venting on individual office dynamics....Everyone knows that your office experience can be completely dependent on your immediate supervisor. My supervisor is awesome! The truth is that the company is motivated by money money money; IT'S AN INSURANCE COMPANY!!! THEY ARE DESIGNED TO MAKE THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE PROFIT!!!! DO YOUR JOB WELL AND YOU WILL SHARE IN THAT PROFIT!!! You can make a little extra elsewhere, but Liberty gives you day one benefits, a SOLID BASE (most insurance companies do not), and all kinds of fringe advantages. They pay for all training and liscensing, and are a really good place to work if you do your job......Sales is not meant for everyone. Hours are long, but you get what you put into it. Work hard, big check....Sit on your ass and wait for 5 o'clock and you won't make dick and the supervisor will treat you like crap. It's true, if you produce and make money, nobody is going to hassle you. If you don't, why are you there? It's not a welfare organization. Stop bitching!!! Your pay reflects your performance. If you don't perform they don't want you. So what, that is what it takes to be successful in any field you might choose. They take care of their employees with not only a pension, BUT A 93% MATCHING 401K. The location is awesome, and everyone gets along great, it is like one big family in my office. Rhett is a straight shooter (the sales manager, as I am a salesman there), as is Kerry (Regional Director of Sales) and they both have an open door policy. Stop whining and start a real job that you really have to work at to be successful!