Working at Law Offices of James Scott Farrin — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Law Offices of James Scott Farrin pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Law Offices of James Scott Farrin

From Durham, NC — 02/16/2009

I love my job at James Scott Farrin. This is the best firm that I have ever worked for, they expect 100% and when you meet expectations you are rewarded. We have firm events, department events, weekly breakfasts, fabulous Christmas parties, Easter Egg Hunts, door-to-door trick or treating, almost monthly department outings and celebrations, firm bookclub with books paid for by the firm, 25 cents drinks, quarterly firm meetings with catered lunches and the afternoon off, large breakroom with cable tv, two fridges, large offices most with windows, casual atmosphere, jeans EVERY Friday, a meaningful bonus based on performance and are encouraged to share our opinions and be the best we can be. I am asked at every review if I have the tools necessary to do my job, if I am happy, what I like, what I don't like. I am treated with just as much respect as the top attorneys. We call Jim by his first name and he knows our names and respects and cares for all of us. Believe me this is not the case in most firms. We are a very large firm and are growing rapidly. This is not an easy job, you have to work and give your best. You are given plenty of chances to learn and grow with the firm. It is challenging and rewarding. If you don't fit in or find this firm is not a good fit, move on and find something you do like and can excel at. Not everyone in a large firm that strives to be the best will survive, just a fact of life. For us and our team, we are doing just fine.

From Durham, NC — 02/05/2009

Let me just start by saying that I am a CURRENT JSF employee and love the firm that I work for. Work performance is greatly appreciated and recognized in words and rewards. As long as you are performing to your highest ability you will do fine, if you are working below standards then JSF will work with you to identify your strenghts and weaknesses and may place you in a different position within the firm that builds on your strenghts. I came into this firm with no prior experience in the legal field. I have grown tremendously professionally with the help of mentors within the firm. Every single person wants you to succeed and will help you make all of your goals. I have been given opportunities that I probably wouldn't have at another company/firm. I have been able to grow both professionally and personally. The benefits available to employees and their families are great. There are options for health insurance and supplemental insurance, 401k, life insurance, dental insurance, you can order lunch from your desk that is delivered by lunch time, holiday savings accounts, etc. Breakfast is provided for the ENTIRE firm on a regular basis. Management is sensitive to peoples lives and circumstances and are very understanding when it comes to taking time off and scheduling of appointments, etc. They truly understand that family should come first. There are days when your work load can be stressful, but we all work as a team and there is always someone who is willing to pitch in to help get the job done.

There have been many disgruntled former and current employees who have posted negative comments regarding this firm. Take into consideration that these are former employees for a reason. There are current employees that probably should consider getting another job if they are posting how horrible this firm is to work for. If it's that bad, why are they still sticking around. Food for thought.

The bottom line is, give 100% and you will get 100%. There is room for improvement at every company and JSF strives to make improvements where necessary. They allow all employees to give feedback to make the firm the best place to work.