Working at Las Vegas Valley Water District — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Las Vegas Valley Water District pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Las Vegas Valley Water District

From Las Vegas, NV — 01/24/2008

The pay is decent and the benefits are good since it's a government job. It's very difficult to get fired but unfortunately that means you have a lot of dead wood. There are many who are not qualified for their positions but you can't get rid of them. They just hang around all day talking and doing nothing. Many of them would not survive out in private industry. (That's why they work at the water district) A lot of people don't really work at this place. That seems to be the general culture. Of course, it also depends on who you work for. There is a lot of favoritism and politics that goes on in this place and often times you don't get the respect that you deserve. There's more politics than you can shake a stick at. They try to train respect for others and ethical practices but apparently some of the employees just ignore them. There is not much growth unless if someone retires or dies. You're pretty much stuck where you're at. If it were not the benefits and the decent pay, I would not recommend this place at all.