Working at Lance — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Lance pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Lance

From Ashland, Ohio — 03/23/2010

I have worked for this company for 6 months and I can tell you at this company you are not just a number. The management would come out on the floor daily and would ask for your feedback and would listen to anything you had to say. It was very impressive because they knew your name, they knew the job you were doing and welcomed any feedback you could offer to make things more efficient, as one of Lance's values state, simplicity. The company always has a continious improvement mind set and that is what each one of us should instil into our minds. It does not just make it a better company, it makes it a better place for each employee also.

This company is a very good place to work for, they have integrity, morals and values and they stand behind them! This is what Lance stands for...

I am thankful to be part of such a good team, we all work together as a team and we get the job done! Yes, we do have the support of our Management also.

If there is a negative response to this company, you need to ask yourself, did you show respect and teamwork? You have to give respect in order to receive it...and you have to work as a team!

From Ashland, Ohio — 03/10/2010

I worked for this company as a temporary associate. The full time employees treated all of us temps as if we were trash!! Lance has a policy of no profanity to be used on their facility but yet their full time staff and management are allowed to cuss at any and everyone but if a temp were to do that they would be fired. The plant manager came out of his office one day (amazing) and was watching our line pack cookies and then sent a nasty email to the supervisor about how all of us didn't give a damn about our jobs. Well, if the full timers in the front of the line hadn't been talking about what their holiday plans were, how nice they think their butt is looking then maybe we could have done a better job. This same plant manager came to my line again and was helping us pack cookies when he made the comment about he doesn't know how we could do this for 8 hours a day (yet he just complained about how we didn't give a damn about our jobs, hhhmmm, whats wrong with this picture). Then there's a certain machine operator on 2nd shift who thinks way too highly of herself because she lost over a hundred pounds and talks like salior to the temp workers because she doesn't want to work, she wants you to do it for her while she collects her full paycheck. She's just like her mother. Then there's all the times we were instructed to pack cookies off of the floor because management is too stupid to calculate the speed of the conveyor versus how many employees you have assigned to the line. Management would blame all of us for their inability to do their job correctly the first time. Now lets talk about money management. Archway as we all remember had office employees who has their hands in the cookie jar. Well, needless to say, this is still going on as we speak. Lance just laid off 90 people because someone forget to tell whoever that they were helping themselves to a large sum of money meaning the employees could not be paid but they did meet their oblication but don't trust that this won't happen again. If you work for this company you have to deal with the fact your paycheck isn't guaranteed to clear the bank. Their excuss was they overprojected but we all know what really happened. We arn't stupid Lance. Everyday for months on end we are on unlimited overtime and told day after day we have to work that overtime and then next we are all laid off. Just because some of us choose to pack cookies doesn't make us blind to what your schemes are Lance. If you buy their product understand we don't wear gloves and we do pick up cookies off the floor if we don't make our quota for the day.