Working at lakeshore learning materials — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about lakeshore learning materials pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at lakeshore learning materials

From northridge, ca — 06/19/2009

pay sucks... it's retail. you do get a lot of respect from parents who shop there cuz they think everything you tell them is the truth, but it's all a way to sell expensive toys made cheaply to parents who have a lot of money and don't know how to spend it. benefits are great. medical, dental is about $25 a month, but that was in the early 2000's. job security, well, it'll always be there. they need ppl to sell to rich ppl who want to spend money and don't have an edu-ma-cation themselves. work/life... great fun co-workers to party it up after work. career growth... well... you get growth only if you're a straight male who came from the same company as the vp of the regional department of the westside. location is great... northridge... what can I say... co-worker competence... all college educated or going to college... so mostly college students trying to get experience working with kids... work enviornment was great... maybe that's cuz my store manager and assistant managers were AWSOME ppl!! I really mean that too... until they, themselves got fired... that vp was a total D- bag... he fired the regional manager after she herself did his dirty work by getting rid of all the female store managers and then got her own ass fired... karma... well... you know what they say about karma...