Working at Kiddie Academy — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Kiddie Academy pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Kiddie Academy

From East Brunswick, NJ — 04/22/2010

I can't say enough for how much I love working at Kiddie Academy. Bonnie, the director, has truly made us one big family. Everyday when I walk through those doors, I feel like I'm home. Simply by looking at the smiles on all the children's faces, you can tell just how much love there is flowing through the center. I've made so many terrific relationships, through both our families and our staff, that I'm forever grateful for. It's such a positive, fun, and inviting place to be. Absolutely great place to work!

From East Brunswick — 04/22/2010

Working at Kiddie Academy has been a wonderful experience. After graduating form college, I wanted to work in a school where I could excersize my creativity as a teacher. Finding Kiddie Academy turned out to be better than I expected. Besides working in an awesome environment, I have aslo found a second family. Everyone who works here has become a part of my life. The management and staff are all friendly, helpful and creative in their classrooms. We have a great time every day. We are all such a family that we even started a Boot Camp to help motivate eachother to work out and be healthy! My absolute favorite part about working at KA of EB is that we are very involved in our community. Almost every month we are involved in a charity event or a family fun night that brings our community together. It is such an honor to work at such a wonderful place.

From Kendall Park, NJ — 01/26/2010

I worked at Kiddie Academy as a seasonal teacher's assistant following my first year of college in 2006. I thought playing with kids for an hourly wage might be more fun than work... which was partially true. The majority of the kids were well-behaved, and the lead teachers were accommodating and friendly. The management, however, was just atrocious.

I was placed with the four-year-olds. The lead teacher would be with me for maybe the first hour and then leave for her second job - leaving me alone with seven kids. I had no problem with the children, but why should I be watching these kids on my own for $8 an hour while the lead teacher gets paid almost twice that for doing the same thing? Even this didn't bother me so much until the "summer festivities" began. The managers decided to group all of the kids together - ages 2 to 11 (yes, we had an 11-year-old for daycare "summer camp") - and expected the teachers (or in most cases, the teacher's assistants) to handle it. Usually this person was me. I was expected to supervise and entertain 14 children of all different ages for hours at a time by myself. I was also only 18 at the time. Old enough to supervise children? Yes. But did I have the experience to watch 14 kids at once? Absolutely not.

I kept asking the managers for help. I said there was no way I could watch these kids on my own, and there were just too many of them in there at once. They kept saying that it was okay for me to have 14 kids at once because of the age range... which may be so according to whatever daycare rules they were following, but for anyone with common sense, 14 kids in one room within such a vast age range with one 18-year-old teacher's assistant for a minimum of 3 hours a day Mon.-Fri. is NOT an acceptable situation.

After multiple incidents of being unable to stop 2-3 fights/disputes going on at once, I left. I did not want these children to be injured under my watch because Tweedledee and Tweedledum (my lovely managers) didn't place another employee in my classroom after I asked for help more than once. I hated to leave the children, especially in such irresponsible hands, but there was little else I could do.

One thing I learned from this experience: no matter what the circumstances, I will never, ever, place any of my future children in a daycare. Especially not with Kiddie Academy.