Working at Kiawah Development Partners — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Kiawah Development Partners pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Kiawah Development Partners

From Kiawah Island, SC — 09/19/2008

This is a company that produces marvelous, much respected and admired resort developments. Clearly there is a vision of excellence and high quality that has been consistently achieved by the owners/partners. But there does not seem to be an effort to share that vision and spirit with the hard-working teams that contribute to the company's achievments. I have not yet found the "heart" of this business in the year I have been there. There are plenty of "managers" but no leaders and no one setting the team motivation.We are given plenty of responsiblity, but no authority, and the designated "leaders" at the very top are clearly out of touch with the mid-level and lower level employees. Decisions are handed down arbitrarily, and business conducted in an old school, patriarchal manner. The pay is fair, but it has to be because the location is remote from the local communities, and requires a long drive to/from. The unspoken culture is "just get it done", no matter what the rationale or mountains of work that already exist. This company very much wants its people to strive for the best, but it does little on a human level to motivate or reward its workers. This is the second most discouraging place I have worked in 25 years, and I did go into this place with an open attitude, desire to do an excellent job, and desire to be part of a team. I would not recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a long-term and satisfying position.