Working at kerasotes theaters — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about kerasotes theaters pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at kerasotes theaters

From Naperville IL — 01/03/2010

The pay is the worst aspect of being employed next to career growth. Being paid below minimum wage (under 18) while you work harder than others really is a let down. There's a great atmosphere with fellow employees and managers. You really dont have the fear of being fired if your a good employee, your superiors will do as much as they can if possible. I live about 15 miles away so location isnt that ideal for the pay, but you develop realtionships that you dont want to loose so I've adjusted to the distance. Benefits are great considering your saving half of what you would normally spend with free admission. Overall its a pretty decent place for a first job.

From Naperville, IL — 12/03/2009

Pay - Minimum wage, and it's sad that I had to check to see if I was given the promised raises or the mandatory wages when minimum wage went up. We do much more work here for that kind of pay. I understand why they can't pay a lot because concessions is their only income that pays for everything, but makes you feel used.

Respect - You definitely have to earn respect. You will either be loved or hated by your superiors. There is biased and judged behavior. I had a blast, but that's because I don't take shit.

Benefits - Free movies and small ass flimsy courtesy cups of drinks or popcorn (cone cups). Too many exceptions and rules on our benefits though.

Job Security - I never feared about being laid off. Even if you were a not needed employee, you would be secured your job.

Work/Life - I was able to have a life on top of my job, but it would usually fall on days off over breaks like summer or winter, or before and after my shifts with my co-worker friends. These kinds of jobs require you to sell your soul to them. Means you work nights and weekends. And that is a certainty. I've sold my soul 3 years ago.

Growth - Bull shit! In the employee handbook it is said there is an employee evaluation every 6 months. I never once had one, I had to wait on an opportunity that was not approved, to be promoted. Turns out that method was not liked by other managers and was looked at as a mistake. So I felt I was never promoted based off performance observation, but just by a letter written to ask.

Location - I was 8 miles from my location when I lived and worked there. Hefty distance compared to the other two movie theaters by me, but I got used to it.

Co-workers - I met some of the best people of my life there and still maintain my friendship with them being 40 miles away now.

Work Environment - I made mine fun, but I put low ratings on certain things because if you don't take advantage of good opportunities to make your job fun, then you will want to quit. I made my job fun.