Working at Keiser University — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Keiser University pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Keiser University

From Fort Lauderdale — 09/22/2010

I have been with Keiser University for over six years and feel blessed to be a part of such a wonderful organization. My colleagues are so talented and we have a great camaraderie. We stand by Keiser's mission, which is student's first. That is why we are all here- to see our students flourish and grow in their program of choice and to see them through until their graduation. In some situations, I have found that we are some of our student's support system as many are on their own in achieving their education, raising their children, working full time, etc.

I find that Keiser has tremendous potential for growth. I have had four promotions throughout my tenure at Keiser. I strongly believe that hard work pays off in the long run! There are so many opportunities at Keiser and I have seen many employees advance. I am truly lucky to be apart of this organization!

From Florida — 09/21/2010

I heard about this site from a co-worker and was a little disappointed that the university I work for was receiving such negative posts. I have not had that experience here, actually quite the contrary. If you work hard, go the extra mile, you are recognized, appreciated and rewarded. No job is perfect, but this is a professional place, with talented employees, positive energy and a culture of caring for students. In this economy with so many qualified Americans seeking jobs, it is surprising that those that are fortunate enough to have a job would take action on an anonymous complaint board. Why not just look for another job and let another deserving applicant who desparately needs a job take your place?

From North Florida — 07/03/2010

What everyone else said.

I was terribly disappointed with my experience as an admissions counselor. When I interviewed, I understood I would be counselor offering guidance and advise to non-traditional degree programs. Instead, I was trained to persuade mostly unsophistated students (with access to Stafford Student Loans) to sign-up for degrees that cost anywhere from $38,000 to $80,000 give or take a couple grand.

While it's illegal to use the word quota, Keiser expects counselors to achieve monthly "goals". I was responsible for contributing a certain percentage of the budget by recruiting (telephone soliciting) and closing "leads". Yes, I said lead. If one is not lucky with leads (distributed by the whim of management or the receptionist who might not like you), then one will not meet the goal. That's when things become outrageous.

I've seen intelligent, sensitive adults with advanced degrees humiliated and ridiculed openly by their superiors. The disrespect is rampant unless they like you. Some counselors don't produce the numbers, but manage to avoid threats because of factors only controlled by DNA. I'd be surprised if there hadn't been quite a few lawsuits settled on DL, because I've seen rights violated and abused.

I stuck it out foolishly thinking I was actually making a difference in people's lives. Not true. I finally connected the dots and realized that students were being saddled with debt while preparing for careers that may not offer them much more than the fast food job they already have.