Working at Keane — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Keane pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Keane

From Bangalore, Karnataka — 09/02/2010

I worked for Keane for about 9 months in Bangalore and I want to give you my honest opinion. I got a job at Keane after recession and got into here.

Keane is a sort of company where in when u come to office you WONT come here to work but you come here to be a part of family called as the Keane family!. Yes the people here will make u feel at home and real cool guys and girls here .The Managers at Keane are kind-hearted and know the fact that even an Employee is after -all a Friend !.

In Keane you will find lots of Good projects and a fresher and a mid-level employee can learn a lot !. And of-course you will learn the Keane way - which is....Lots of Eat outs in Hotel, Lots of Birth day celebrations, Lots of festivals, Lots of movies and of course Lots of Parties.!

People are fun here and kind hearted.

I thank keane for the best time I had here.

Now about the downsides, They pay a slight bit less than the industry standards. BUT, Keane is located in the City so you will have the petrol costs of going to E-CIty or Bellundur or White field.

OVERALL, I rate Keane as one of the best times of my career where I really miss the people who made u feel like you are at Home in Office (Which is a rarity these days isnt it)?.

For any Fresher I recommend Keane, you will learn the inns and out of Software Business......but with a pinch of fun .

From Markham — 05/23/2008

I LOVE WORKING FOR KEANE. Just the people suck. hence this postings!!!

From Detroit, MI — 05/16/2008

I worked for Keane from 1990 to 2000. Actually I started working for AGS, which was acquired by Keane. The branch I worked at "HAD" an excellent manager and administrative supervisor. Once Keane took over, things changed. It seemed that Keane's motto was "Our way or the highway". I played the game and kept all "MY" clients satisfied, so much so that they never wanted me to move onto other assignments. But I was always wanting to experience new things.
Finally, I was laid off (fired) because I was reluctant to take an assignment in downtown Detroit, some 50 miles and a hard commute from my home. I took out of town assignments and pretty much everything that was thrown my way. My performance reviews were impeccable and they couldn't outright fire me.
In hindsight, they did me a big favor. I have been at my new job for eight years now and am greatly appreciated by my coworkers, manger and most of all my clients.
My branch manager at Keane was also let go. Probably because he cared too much about his staff. Despite Keane, we maintained a tight knit caring group of members at the Detroit branch.
Then there was this female manager that came from Grand Rapids and took over for the Detroit branch. I started to be harassed by the clients at Meritor, the branch personnel manager and project manager for being too slow and too thorough.
Getting back to my original branch manager, he even came on site and told me to keep my nose clean and do whatever it took to stay on my current assignment. I found out later that he knew I was on a list of employees being targeted for dismissal.
Due to lack of work, I was released from that project and wound up on the bench. A couple of weeks later I was let go. I even heard the personnel guy talking on the phone saying that there was nothing in my performance review that could justify firing me. Hence I was "laid off" due to a lack of assignments.
Well, like I said, they did me a favor. I am very happy where I am now and am a critical staff member.
By the way, Keane is now pretty much gone. This seems to happen to all companies where I had been mistreated.

From Boston, MA — 06/06/2007

Recently aquired by Caritor and to be taken Private. Too much bad press recently. Nice on-shoring, near-shoring and off-shoring strategy. But other Indian companies make things competitive. Its a big consulting company so each business unit is different. It sucks if you get stuck with a boring project.