Working at Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions

From Texas — 03/10/2010

I have been working with Kaplan for almost a year and a half. I started as a part time Kaplan Student Advisor and was quickly promoted to Operations Specialist. I really enjoy my job and the people I work with. The benefits for part time and full time employees are fabulous, which is part of the reason I applied in the first place. As with any entry level position you really just have to stick it out, work hard and hope that your dedication is noticed. This is a corporate company so entry level applicants need to be aware of the fact that they start out at the bottom of the ladder and moving up that ladder can take a considerable amount of time and effort. I see plenty of opportunity for me to grow with this company and look forward to my future with them.

From East Hanover, NJ — 02/11/2008

I've had completely different experiences from the few people that have already rated Kaplan. As a part time job, it's a great way to make some extra money, and it's great for people that want to be teachers. There is a lesson plan, and there is a certain amount of rigidity, but I've found many ways to tailor the lessons to my strengths and the students have responded. The pay is excellent for the amount of work you put in, although the first 1-2 times through the class you have to prep a lot more. I haven't had any problems interacting with the office staff, and they have always been very helpful, which is why I rated co-worker competence so high. A lot of your experience will likely depend on what type of students you have, as well as how good of a teacher you are.