Working at Kahoots — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Kahoots pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Kahoots

From California — 10/14/2009

To the poster above, clearly you're just upset that you didn't get a 3rd interview. They would have called you back for a scheduled time if they were really interested.

The nice thing about this company is that they offer medical benefits for free- you don't have to pay for them, after a year of working, and if you work full time after a year you get a 401k. They also give you a nice employee discount. They company always hires above minimum wage, but they base your pay off of retail/customer service experience. Everyone is always nice and all has their fortes about what they know and are more than willing to help train and teach their knowledge. You do have room to rise in position from sales associate, shift leader/key holder, and even store manager when Kahoots builds a new store.
The job requires that you learn how to order and manage product inventory as well as have an extensive knowledge on products for all animals. You also have to sell Kahoots brand products, but you do not get any incentive for what you sell- it's part of your job description to sell as well as help customers, order product, stock product, clean cages, and maintain the store.

The downside to the company is that you will never get both weekend days off. You are also required to go to monthly store meetings, but the meetings are included in your work hours so you do not get paid overtime for those meetings. The closing shifts also never leave any time to go out and do anything later that evening, and the morning shift start pretty early.

From Escondido — 09/16/2008

I went through two interviews with the store manager in Escondido for a key holder position. The first interview was something different as there were 6 of us for a group interview. We were paired up and interviewed each other based on a interview form which was handed back to the store manager.

I was called back for a second interview and was informed by the manager that I would be recommended for a third interview with Scott in Ramona, CA. Never happened. Some time later I saw the same position posted on Craig's list. I went back and talked to the store manager only to be informed that sales were down and hiring was on hold. Then way is the company still posting the job position? Any comments.