Working at Justice... just for girls! — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Justice... just for girls! pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Justice... just for girls!

From Clackamas Town Center — 09/24/2010

I was a Brand Rep for the company for almost two years. All I have to say is it was an AMAZING experience!! I loved all of the people that I worked with, it was a great community and I know that even though I don't work there any more I could still count on them for anything. I left because I had to move away for college, but I know that if I had stayed I would have gotten promoted. If you work hard you can move up.

From Mclean, Virginia — 04/14/2010

I absolutely love the store, my coworkers and the environment! But the one thing that i absolutely hate is no room for growth. Every 7-8 months you'll be lucky to see a 25 cent increase and you get started at minimum wage. Because justice hires sixteen year olds, that is fair pay for that age. But for the 18+, we can't live off of minimum wage.

From Novi, Michigan — 03/21/2010

I work at Justice as a Brand Representative and I absolutely love my job. I have only been working here for about five months now, but it has been my favorite job yet. I feel that I am respected by my managers and co-workers and that it is just in general a great job to have. The hours vary depending on the season, but I feel that if I want to work more hours or less I can just say something and they will work with me. The pay isn't great, but I feel respected...so it's balanced out. Working at Justice is great, or I may have just gotten really lucky with the particular one I work at!

From Ohio — 03/20/2010

I love my job. I got incredibly lucky--I get along with everyone I work with, and I really enjoy what I do.

From Jacksonville, FL — 03/12/2010

I started off as seasonal help, but they decided to keep me. This was my first job, so I didnt really know what to expect. I am a minor, so because of their very strict minor rules, I didnt get many hours. This obviously meant the pay wasnt that great. The respect with the co-workers and most of the managers is good, but your always going to have those rude customers. As far as benefits, the discount is 40% so thats pretty good! Job security: I feel like I'm safe there, mostly because everybody is quiting. I have plenty of time to balance work and life because of my little hours. I dont feel like there is much potential for growth though. I love my co-workers! Some days I actually have fun at work, and some days I can't wait to leave. The one complaint that I do have, is I feel like I wasnt trained. We watched a few movies at orientaion, but that was it. Customers were asking me questions, and I could hardly ever answer one. Now I feel more confedent, and I like it better!

From Tennessee — 03/10/2010

I've been with the company since I was 15. It was a Limited Too then.. I remember working 2 shifts a week and making minimum wage. However, as a teenager I enjoyed making money, but still having a lot of free time. I couldn't imagine working 20 hours a week at 16!! My store was great, it was fun I got along with everyone and even made some good friends. Our store closed due to high shrink and then my store manager got a brand new Justice a few towns over. I was 18 then and she promoted me to Asst. Manager. I've been with the company, left for others and always seem to come back. I think with any store you are going to have certain DMS or Store Managers whom you hate and it ruins your experience. However in my area everyone is awesome. My one problem is being promoted to Store Manager. Every store manager in my district has been with the company for atleast 5 years and they aren't gping anywhere.

From Philadelphia,PA — 02/27/2010

The head manager at the store I used to work at is very hot and cold.One minute you're her best friend the next you are getting yelled at for a simple mistake.The assistant manager is on her cell phone the whole time and only takes her eyes off phone to tell you do something or tell you to walk somewhere to get her something to eat.The 2 Lead Brand Reps are awesome though and make up for the horribleness of the managers.The other girls there are sweet but the customers can be so rude.The pay suck.The most hours I worked during a week was 12.Don't work there if you need money because you do not get much.

From Staten Island, NY — 02/25/2010

i LOVE working at Justice. There are many young girls that i work with. The girls do gossip a bit but what girls/ job doesnt? We love our DM. Only one manager slacks a bit but the other managers I work with are extremely dedicated. Its a great job, I was trained well through the videos and given easier shifts at first until they thought I was fit to close. I enjoy my job here.

From Marlton, NJ — 05/02/2009

Great place to work as a high school student looking for a retail job without committing to a ton of hours - Many people complain about the lack of hours but i find myself getting at least a 4 hour shift every saturday and sunday (usually 1-5, which gives you time to still have a life on saturday nights) and a backup shift once a week...sometimes more hours. This is plenty for me to keep myself busy without going crazy. All of the brand reps and managers are extremely sweet and very helpful, there isn't much backstabbing, drama, or s**t talking. Everybody gets along and works hard, and it is overall a great place to work. I love being able to help young girls feel good about themselves.

From Massachusetts — 04/26/2009

I work for Justice right now as an LBR2. I love the brand reps and even the Store manager, the other LBR2 and one of the ASL's. Great girls. The only things that aren't the greatest are the fact tgat being an LBR2, Assitant manager, or Store manager you only get on weekend off a month. That BLOWS. It also sucks because even though we only have 4 brand reps they get about 2 shifts a week. And for what I deal with my 9.35 an hour, doesn't cut it. For the most part it's a great job, just a few minor details suck.