Working at Johns Hopkins — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Johns Hopkins pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Johns Hopkins

From Baltimore MD — 11/30/2009

There were many things I loved about working here as a research assistant. I was working with mind-blowingly brilliant people, the benefits were excellent, I felt that I got a decent level of respect even in my lowly position (ie no PhD). At the same time, I was expected to work tremendous amounts of overtime "of my own free will" so I didn't earn overtime (though some PIs were very good about ensuring overtime pay, just not mine). It was basically expected that if I wanted to be there, I was driven enough to work to the exclusion of all other aspects of my life. The pay was not so great. As a co-worker said, they pay you in prestige. In all, I wa pretty happy working there, but my life was very much out of balance.