Working at Joann Fabrics — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Joann Fabrics pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Joann Fabrics

From Montgomery, Alabama — 04/22/2010

For a minimum-wage job, the work is very enjoyable. I cut fabric and stock, straighten, and "zone." If you like to stay busy, there's a place for you at JoAnn. Customers love the friendliness of our store and the helpfulness of our staff. We get a lot of repeat business and I always recognize our repeat customers and give them lots of attention. If I got paid in accordance with how much I enjoy the work, I'd be a very rich lady. However, it pays a little less than flipping burgers at McDonald's. For job satisfaction, it's up there -- for pay, not so much. Overall, I find it a very satisfying company to work for.

From Maplewood — 04/08/2010

Working at Joanns Has been an up and down experience. Losing a position, gaining position.
Now we have no Title. Which also feels like we lost respect. Communication could be better. Working Retail is not the easiest place to work at times. you really have to like it.
Being there for the years I have been there, the ups and downs, I love Working at Joanns, I have made friends. Met and helped Many Customers. And learned alot. I know we are not supposed to name names.
I have to say ---------------------------- There is no 2 guys like them, They Listen and Look you in the eye.
Even if its pretend. I respect . I really wish I could say their names. Awesome Guys. No Matter how Bad things can be at work. When you get the visits from Corporate, and they really listen and care, That almost makes up for the rest.

One thing though, Not having the title, and and being in charge of a department hurts. You are doing things you normally do, but can't go to a specific dept. it gets neglected. We need Our titles back and take care of
1 dept, completly it looks bad. Ok I am done babbling. Joanns is awesome. Please Give Us the respect we deserve. The Name goes along way.