Working at Jenny Craig — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Jenny Craig pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Jenny Craig

From UT — 02/09/2010

I totally agree with the all of the negative statements on this website. I am a consultant, and I 100% agree that training provided to CD's, PD's, and consultants is lacking quite a bit of structure. But I must say, compared to all of the reviews on here, the team we have in my centre is amazing. The girls are very understanding of others needs and my CD tries her hardest to protect us from our evil Market Directors and their ignorant ways. I guess I got lucky. My market director had to cover for a consultant because she had the flu, and she set us back almost an hour on a full book of clients. Our lobby was completly full with people becasue she spent an hour with one client (we are supposed to spend 10 min. with them). This job has taught me two things, 1) Corporate sucks, 2) Never say you don't know and never ask a question, just make some thing up...

From California — 01/18/2010

I have worked for Jenny Craig for 3 years and have mixed emotions. And yes, we are mostly female... hence the emotions. For the most part, the staff was nice and we got along really well. I felt naive to think this was a great company to work for. Being a college graduate, I though this would be a perfect stepping stone into helping people and consulting. They do have benefits, 401k, Paid time off (although as a consultant, it may be difficult to get someone to cover your shift)
Training was very limited. If you want to know more about nutrition, health, and how to teach clients more than Jenny Craig plan, you have to go above and beyond to teach yourself.
Some Centre Directors can be manipulative, "based on the needs of the centre."
Pros: meeting people who want to help others
Con's: we're here to make money, not to volunteer.

From ca — 01/13/2010

I love Jenny Craig as a company, the clients, and the people I work with.
I have to agree with the other reviews about the Centre Director,
very demeaning and condescending to the staff. It would be a
great place to work if not for that. The pay is very low.

From San Diego, CA — 09/08/2009

I actually currently work for Jenny Craig's corporate office and I absolutely LOVE it. I've worked for the company for over 5 years and consider myself a "lifer" - someone who could totally work for this company for life.

Aside from a great work environment where a spirit of fun is encouraged, this company truly takes care of their employees. From offering great volunteer opportunities to pay that is competitive with the current job market, Jenny Craig is truly a great company to work for. I've had experience with awful companies and can honestly say that I feel grateful to work for a company that truly strives to change peoples' lives everyday!

From CO — 01/27/2009

Corporate careers are not for everyone- some people prefer the intimacy of a mom n pop organization. I have been with Jenny Craig for over 4 years and I say with confidence that I work for one of the best companies in North America. With over 600 centres worldwide and thousands of employees, their task of creating consistency, balance, and client success in every location would be challenging for any organization. Benefits are competitive with other similar-sized companies, if not better. Pay is what you make of it. Every employee at JC has the ability to write their own paycheck- be forewarned, you must possess the ability to drive your paycheck. The sky is truly the limit, and the x- factor is you. The environment at my centre is warm and friendly most of the time. We all have the common bond that we are there to help people. People that don't include their heart in every client they interact with at JC will not succeed. We are changing lives. We aren't able to change everyone, but we give hope, we change behaviors and we extend life expectancy for a whole lot of people. Until you sit across from someone and they tell you, "You saved my life", you just don't understand. We don't cold call, we care call to existing clients. We don't try to entice people by exagerating hourly pay, we explain how compensation is broken down in greater detail when someone is truly interested in saving lives. We have our inter-office issues and occassional dispute just like every other work environment in the world. But at Jenny, it's different. We have one of the most supportive corporate structures, from operations to training to human resources, to help our employees have balance and all the resources necessary to be not just good, but great at their jobs. If you're just looking to collect a paycheck twice a month, don't apply. Same goes for the lazy and heartless.

From Fort Worth, Tx — 12/13/2008

I've been working for Jenny Craig in the Fort Worth market for the last 7 years and I think it's a great company to work for. Not only I have a rewarding job for making a diffrence in our clients'lives but also Jenny Craig and our team here live those values every day. Pay expectations were explained to me very clearly and now I know that the more dedicated I am to keeping my clients motivated and losing weight, the more money I can make. I've been in the Program Director position and I was never asked to do cold calling, I just called clients who called us in the center expressing their interest in the program but did not make it in and yes our job is to help the clients with their commitment level and that's when they're most successful. When I first got started, I had clear explanation that the more dedicated I am to my job with helping clients stay motivated and lose weight, the more money I can make. I've moved up from a consultant position to a Program Director position and I've seen other employees start with lower positions and move up to become center directors so I think the more you're faithful to your job and the more willing you are to learn and grow, the more opportunities you have. I am on a decent insurance plan, Jenny Craig offers a basic insurance plan for the first year (even for part time employees!) and then you can enroll in a better plan after your first year and it's considerably affordable, I also have 401 K and Paid time off. I'm sad to hear those negative comments from other people about Jenny Craig but I do understand that it's not for everyone, you have to be passionate about what you're doing and I think that's true with everything we do in life.

From wisconsin — 12/06/2008

I have worked for Jenny Craig as a consultant for 12 years and I love it! The clients for the most part are wonderful people trying to change their lives and I can help them do that. It's a wonderful feeling. Of course I sell things, it's a business after all, but I believe in the program and our products. They work. I help clients see how using them can help them lose weight. Every product serves a purpose and can help a client lose weight. The food serves a purpose and using it correctly helps a client lose weight. I help clients see how using our products and following our menus is a very effective way to lose weight and teaches them in the process how they can manage their weight when they reach their goals. Our meals are portion controlled and it is the only way some clients can limit what they eat in the beginning. If clients could lose weight on their own, they would, but they come to us for help and we help them. We hold them accountable, something that's very valuable to clients. We are dealing with long-term bad eating habits with our clients and of course it's difficult for them, but it is very rewarding and challenging to guide and encourage them to be able to reach their goals. I think consultants must have some life experience of overcoming something difficult in their own lives (not necessarily weight loss) so that they can stress to clients that any life change is hard and being patient and persistent will pay off. Consultants are actually "selling" the client on self-efficacy. We are motivators. We change lives. Our clients believe in us and in turn, themselves. It is a great feeling to go to work every day and know that we are making a difference. I may be the only person on any given day that says something positive to a struggling client. It's a big responsibility and one that I love! I change lives!

From boston — 01/07/2008

O.K. I'm just giving you the facts. A job at Jenny Craig is a consultant job i.e..sales job. I intended to go in with counseling experience, but I had to sell sell sell. IF you are a salesperson, this is a good job but don't think for one second you are getting a counseling job if that is what you intend. You are throwing sales pitch after sales pitch. The people are nice, the staff is friendy but I walked out of my training. I am not a Sales person. I hope this helps. Oh the pay isn't too terrific.

From CO — 08/01/2007

I have worked at Jenny Craig for two years and I love my job. I began as a consultant and am now a Centre Director. Like any job there are set backs with Jenny Craig. Their benefits are not great (but they are also very inexpensive and at least they offer them), the pay is average, but really fluctuates on your abilities and the position. As a consultant in a pretty low deposit Centre I made between $11 and $14 per hour. I was happy with this b/c we had a laid back fun atmosphere, I was helping women make positive changes in their lives, and for the most part my co-workers were enjoyable. The truth is that this is the type of job where you get to decide how you feel about it. If you go in with a negative attitude, you complain about everything from the dress code to the pay then yeah you're going to be unhappy. I am happy and my staff is very happy. We work together, have fun, make an impact, and make money. And anyone that says the program doesn't work was obviously a poor consultant. I have seen over fifty clients to their goals. I have had over five clients pass their 100 pound weight loss mark. Like any program clients quit, cheat, and get bored, but that is their choice. I am a very healthy active person and I do not follow the program because I know how to do it on my own, but a lot of people don't. And any change in the right direction is a poisitve one. I do not doubt that there are unhappy people at Jenny Craig and each Centre is different. But I have stuck with the Company and I have my own Centre now and it is what we've made it to be.