Working at jcpenney, — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about jcpenney, pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at jcpenney,

From westminster, ca — 09/14/2010

The Jcpenney store i work at is awesome. all the people are super chill and nice and very helpful. when i started working there i could ask anyone a question and they would give me a straight forward answer. at the end of the day during recovery everyone jokes and gets along its like one big happy family. all the managers mesh really well with the other staff and make it a really good environment. they pay is a little sucky since i live in huntington beach and its expensive but if you get your credit apps you can make a lot of money since they pay you for every one you get and most stores dont. totally love my job!

From Madison,Al — 08/31/2010

While the company guidelines its self strives to create a feeling a teamwork to promote customer service. Sadly the management here resorts to tactics of criticism and belittlement. Gossip runs rampant here, and even converstations held off the clock seems to find way right back to the mangement personel, who if they decied in any way they disagree with they will use yet another chance to abuse their power and belittle you. Overall, my experience at Penny's was not a nightmare just in bad need to remove those from power who abuse it.

From Fort Collins, CO — 07/27/2010

I LOVE working for JC Penney. It's the best job I've ever had. The managers are all incredibly nice people, who I've come to look at as my second family. I was hired on as seasonal help, and then kept on after the Christmas season was over. I've worked here since October 2009. I would have a difficult time leaving. I have worked in another city's store for a couple of months, and absolutely hated it. Like someone else said on a review, your experience with JC Penney depends on your location. The Fort Collins store is an absolutely perfect place to work.