Working at Jan Care — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Jan Care pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Jan Care

From WV — 02/11/2010

Pay- At Jan Care you make less than most other companies in the state. However, as a single person with no family to support I have no money problems.

Respect- Our dispatchers are so programed to get calls done, they have no respect for the needs of the field personnel. If you have to get of work at 4 to make it to an appointment, they will send you on a call at 3:45 and don't care that you have to leave. They also don't care how much sleep you've had. They think that just because they just started their shift that you are just as fresh as them, even though you've been to pittsburgh twice.

Benefits- I hear they are good, but being part time I don't have their insurance.

Job Security- I have no fear of being fired. I know that some people feel they have been terminated unjustly, but they have most likely deserved it. But i know of a few people who should have been fired a long time before they actually were. So, we are given a good amount of warning to fix the problem. We have such a lack of staff, which is getting better though, that they will hire and rehire just about anyone.

Work/Life Balance- Like I said, i work part time but because of school i have to work weekends. But there is really no way to avoid that.

Career Potential/Growth- Jan Care offers advancement through their training. You can start out as a driver and end up as a paramedic all while getting paid to learn.

Location- the stations are all in pretty convenient locations

co-workers- i have worked with pretty competent partners, with the exception of a few. I think some of the problem employees are no longer with us.

work environment- the station I work at is horrible. It is just a big garage. Nearly impossible to keep clean.