Working at Jamba Juice — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Jamba Juice pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Jamba Juice

From Marina Del Rey, CA — 10/07/2010

I really enjoyed working here. They had good music, funny coworkers and a lot of things to do to pass the time. Sure cleaning the juice machines and that complicated wheatgrass thing is an annoyance, but overall you have a cool gig. Free smoothies on your break, friendly customers and pretty good hourly pay. Sometimes its a pain when they start changing the menu and adding food items. Also, the managers can be uptight but thats with any job right?

From Anahiem, CA — 06/09/2009

Jamba was great to work for. I worked at teh Disney store which was #1 store for the company so the location wasnt the best but it was fun. The work enviroment is great. People singing and shouting and having a great time. You can really grow with the company, i went from team member to lead with in a year. I wanted to be an agm but thier hours are crazy..so the work/life balance isnt that great at that point. but as a lower end it is. Most of the people that work their know what they are doing..but with any job you do get some incompentant people! It is a great first time job for highschool kids! and people trying to get through college!

From ny,ny — 05/17/2009

payed 8.50 per hour....pretty good

From Milawukie, Or — 09/24/2008

Jamba Juice was an amazing company. The only issue I ever had with them was their pay and benefits. Now that the organization has opened up to a public market their pay as well as their benefits have grown tremendously.

My manager was great, she always had a positive attitude & she loved her employees dearly.

From california — 09/19/2008

i worked at jamba for over 5 years. and i am a true example that there is career potential/growth in the company. i started off as a team member and worked my way up to general manager.

pay was ok, but not great. you could make good money if you busted your a$$ and hit your bonuses every quarter. considering it was mandatory 50 hour work weeks as the manager work/life balance sucked. prior to being the manager my work/life balance was good. respect, i felt like i received respect from the higher management...i had a great district manager that gave me a lot of guidance, so that helped. benefits were pretty good too, considering that most jobs now a days don't give you much. job security...well if you did your job well then you didn't have to worry (i never did), but if you slacked or let your store underperform then there was reason to worry, although i knew a lot of managers that did nothing & their stores were crappy but they never got fired. as for co-worker competence, most of my co-workers knew their jobs...but it was a matter of if they did it or not. when i was a team member i felt like i had been well trained & so had my co-workers, so everyone knew what to do...training is the key, and i must say that the training at jamba has gotten a lot better, but it's still not perfect. work environment was great. i loved the smell in the store from fresh squeezed orange juice.

overall i'm glad that jamba was my first real job. i had some great bosses that really instilled a good work ethic in me. i don't know how much has changed since i left, but i hope that since their stock became public they haven't changed too much. part of the appeal to jamba was that it wasn't corporate, but now it is...too bad. i would probably still be working there except i decided that i actually wanted to see my family.

From Inland Empire — 09/07/2008

The company has great values and it lives them. Problems are inconsistant campaigns and terrible marketing.
Also dont expect to have a good work/life balance if in management, even the shift managers complain.

From Emeryville Californi — 09/02/2008

Jamba Juice is a fantastic company that teaches all of it's team members to live FIBER both at work and in their daily lives. They have great benefits and make sure work is fun with a balance of a home life. Jamba Juice does have a tendency to consistently hire from the outside instead of promoting from within.