Working at JALSS — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about JALSS pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at JALSS

From Atsugi — 05/21/2010

Dearest People,

Please do enlighten me. A week ago, I have submitted my application as an "ENGLISH Teacher", and as expected they gave instructions with vague details. Such as asking me if I can attend the interview in Atsugi the day after that, but apparently, they know am not in Japan yet which makes it impossible to say yes.

ALso, I am confused about the websites they gave to lodge the visa application is for real. Usually, like here we have accredited agencies who will process your working visa, but I am not sure if it is possible if I will lodge mine outside of my country.

Is JALSS a legal company?
How do they define the visa sponsorship they say? Because as far as I can understand, it is not sponsorship at all if all efforts are from me.
Do they pay it right or is there some hocus pocus?

Thank you so much.

From Saitama — 05/08/2010

Pay is higher than others. No problems so far. Email responses super fast. I like it. I didnt have any of the troubles mentioned here. New japanese manager is doing fantastic. I am french so if i made a mistake then apology.

From Kashiwa — 04/17/2010

I have worked for several different companies, both large and small. I have found that most companies experiencing growing pains have a demanding work environment. I have also found that people who work hard are generally successful and those who do not find it necessary to change jobs, sometimes because their current job is too demanding and sometimes because of necessity.
Oppotunities exist in every work environment. The smaller the company the closer you are to the action, the larger the company the more job security (in general), but the less direct effect your effort will have toward the bottomline. Likewise smaller companies add and subtract headcount relative to business cycles more responsive than larger companies.

From Omiya — 03/17/2010

I like jal. 4 years now. Good relationship. Maybe some hate it. But also some love it. Everyone has a reason. In my case, no problems. BTW I am not a native speaker so excuse my English. I work for jal in Tokyo.

From Chiba — 03/17/2010

I worked for them in Chiba Narashino and I signed last week again with them for tatteyama in Chiba. Smooth and had no problem with Jal. At that time was a bit different and smaller. Now it's way bigger. I think they will be around for awhile. I live in tatteyama so it's just perfect for me.
Yes, much better than Heart. Don't know about other companies. I still owe jalss much because they hired me when Nova went down. And I got paid 3 months on weekly basis because had no income for 4 months from Nova. I owe it to jalss with much appreciation and still do. I was ready to work for them just for food. But could get weekly 65.000 yen. End of contract I met Max in Narashino and personally thanked him. Nova teachers would understand my feeling.

From Kasukabe — 03/17/2010

Two years ago I worked for them. Had no problem with them. I noticed that they are more active so they panic if I want a day off. But above all totally recommended. Yesterday I heard they got Kasukabe. Since I work for IES. I got the info from the school. So I applied. Got email for interview. I hope I can stay in Kasukabe. And I personally have no problem with jalss.
I met the previous CEO Max only once. Since the CEO changed I do not know. I heard last nov was a switch.
Good luck.
Since I had a chance to work for all of the dispatch companies. I would recommend jalss as better than RCS , borderlink , Heart or even IES.

From Fuchu — 03/13/2010

Hi guys, I was working for JALSS 2 years ago, they paid me all my salaries in full, may be few days later in some monthes, but never less than what I expected, I got transportations when i was working as a full time, I also got some bonuses. Till I resign in 2008 (because I got a new child), I have nothing against JALSS. All I wanna say for this company is “Thanks for offering me that Job when I was in bad need for work”

From Saitama — 02/12/2010

so i came over last july (its now feburary 10 - 7 months) and the pay comes on time, although its low, but i expected it to be low since i have no previous teaching experience.

the only problem i have with this company is that im working illigally because my visa sponsorship wont come through and i know i should wait or switch companies, but i have student loans to pay and waiting is not really an option.

i filled out all the paperwork in july for the working visa, but still havent received it yet. ive applied at another company but i dont wish to change schools. the schools i work for are great and i enjoy the work environment and the distance it is from my place to the schools (2 of them)

the work is a 0 stress job and outside of the visa shit the company has also been 0 stress other than they keep contacting me and wanting to talk, meet or just hang out in general.

i never had a problem getting in touch with people from the company, its just the visa issue.

anyone else have the "weve applied for your visa but it hasnt come in yet" response?

From saitama — 01/27/2010

I work with them in saitama city, no problems so far, I do not know about others, but as long as I can see the money in the bank, I do not have a problem. Yes, they do not like absentee guys, and hence they deduct, but I did not have any absent days, so I got my salary as promised. I do not know about the rest of the issues to comment. I will be working direct hire for saitama board of education with way less income from april 2010.
Now I make 210.000 but with Board direct hire, 150.000 yen a month. Cannot survive but teaching job leaves me no choice. SO compared to direct hire, I think JALSS would be better.
Good luck to all.

From Zushi — 01/24/2010

This is a great company. GREAT COMPANY. Enough Said.