Working at Jacobs — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Jacobs pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Jacobs

From Hoboken, KY — 12/31/2009

Actually want to say that overall Jacobs is a good company. But like any company it is only as good as it "bosses". I put a false location to remain anonymous, but you should know that I have contact with a lot of offices in Jacobs and there are some excellent bosses and there are some stinkers. Good side: Jacobs is truely trying to take this large number of people and groom caring bosses that can listen. Bad Side: The head of their human resources for the total corporation is the anti-christ of a "good boss". So at a high level; Jacobs needs to fix their leadership in the very area that's suppose to develop good people (HR), and a lot of the rest of their problems would fix themselves. Oh and I would be remiss if I didn;t say one more thing. Jacobs leadership does seem to be cutting costs in areas that will do a lot of harm in the employee/boss relationship. Many of the people living in the ivory tower are mandating actions, (i.e. cell phone restrictions and things like that), which are doing more harm than good. Need to be more empathetic to the employees when evolking low yield cost cutting items.

From Huntsville, AL — 07/10/2009

My experience with Jacobs has been great so far. Shortly after starting, I was given the opportunity to move into a more challenging position. I have continuously been encouraged to learn more and stretch to new heights in my career. So far, the sky is the limit. I have never been discouraged from wanting to try something new and innovative. Training opportunities have been plentiful and easily obtained. My compensation has been increased along with my responsibilities.

I work in a department with many talented and positive co-workers. Each works hard in their position. Everyone is pleasant and seems to enjoy their roles here. Although we all take our work very seriously, I do feel that I have the ability to balance work with my home/family life. Management and co-workers are understanding and respect the need for time with family.

I have held several positions with several companies throughout the years and truly feel that Jacobs has provided me with the best career opportunities thus far. I would definitely recommend it to any interested party.