Working at Jackson Hewitt — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Jackson Hewitt pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Jackson Hewitt

From North Carolina — 05/03/2010

Working for Jackson Hewitt is a great seasonal job and allows me to do something I enjoy doing without the expense and headaches associated with running my own tax office. The pay is adequate for what the job is...everyone has the opportunity to build up a nice bonus if they are good enough to build up their own client base. The company gets a certain number of customers through advertising and those customers must be shared with all preparers in the office. The preparer who markets himself throughout the year will do much better.

It's true that Jackson Hewitt offers online tax courses which is an exceptionally well prepared tax preparation course for those who are willing to study, take notes and review their notes in addition to reviewing state and federal tax publications. JH also offers traditional classroom training and continuing education courses online for their tax preparers. Quite often, those less interested in being the best they can be will ignore these training opportunities and complain that JH doesn't train their employees or the company is bad to work for. As an a manager I see these types frequently and without much comment I avoid placing them on my schedule. I work for a corporate office which may have different policies than a franchise office.

From muskogee, oklahoma — 04/09/2010

If you go into it with open eyes and ears, you will be fine. They tell you it is seasonal. They tell you they want you back next year. I loved helping the clients! I really enjoyed the people I worked with.

From Florida — 02/26/2010

The hourly pay isn't great, but it works as a second job. One year you may work as a tax preparer, the next year you may be a store supervisor. It's not an extremely difficult job. You're basically doing data entry and plugging the company's products which leads to an end-of-season bonus. Extra money always comes in handy.

From Chicago — 11/23/2008

If you work hard the first year and get promoted to a manager or assistant manager you can work many hours and get a lot of overtime. This is a seasonal job that lasts for 4 months but you can bank as much as 2500 a month and then on top of that collect bonus check at the end of the season. What is also great about this job is that some days you will be working 10 hours but will only be busy for 2. The rest 8 hours you can sit on a computer and do whatever or even do your homework. Very fun and flexible great for future careers

From Sarasota, FL — 11/12/2008

I worked for them in Sarasota doing Customer Support. They are very nice to work for. They even have special treats like free ice cream, meals, and fun contests. Unfortunately, my job was temporary. I miss working for them.

From Bemidji, Minnesota — 01/02/2008

It's a pretty good job, it just sucks that it is only a seasonal job from Jan. to April. My bosses are are good people and help you out if you need it (such as a loan). My hours are whatever I want or need them to be as I am in college full time as well, but I still work 30+ hours 5 days a week at 2 offices. There are no benefits of any kind except for the commission so the pay could be a little better too, so that is a big minus, but then again it is seasonal...