Working at Interac Japan — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Interac Japan pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Interac Japan

From Kanto Region — 08/06/2010

I didn't work for them. However, I had to go 2 hours into Tokyo to: write a test, do a video tapped presentation. Nobody actually interviewed me. I went home. I got some calls. They wanted to place me in tiny little towns 1.5 hours from my home and husband. When I told them to find a place closer they called back with a place about 1 hour from my home. I wasn't too serious about them as I knew they are crap. I wanted to see how they would treat me.

My friends worked for them all within 20 minutes of my home. It was obvious Interac wanted to use me and stick me in a hole of a town, finally they admitted they had a place near my home but by then I had something better.

Jerks, no consideration for their employees. They only care about making money from Boards of Educations that are too afraid and just hate the inconvenience of having to deal with foreigners....99% of the Boards of Ed. here. If you speak Japanese apply to the Boards of Education directly maybe you will get lucky. Better yet try Korea.

From Tokyo — 06/10/2010

To Interac, you ARE disposable. When your contract is up, that's basically IT for you. Interac does not give a rat's behind about you because there are 20 people waiting in line to take your job at any given time. I will say that I loved my placement, the schools I taught at, and the other gaijins I met. Plus, the pay is really good for what the job entails. The benefits are crap, though; Interac keeps you working for only 29.5 hours a week for a reason. If you're looking to work only 6 months to a year, go for it. Other than that, look elsewhere.

From Florida — 04/24/2010

Love it here

From Miyagi — 03/10/2010

It was a really great experience to work in Miyagi, and I'm glad that Interac gave me the chance. Some people slam the company, but they really did well by me. My pay was always on-time, and for the working hours, I made a good deal. Since I didn't spend a lot on getting drunk all the time like a lot of other people did, I saved enough during my two+ years to help pay for grad school starting next year. My students and JTEs treated me like a member of the school and town, and I was free in the evenings to pursue my own interests. So, I mark it excellent on pay, respect, and work/life balance, good on location, and satisfactory on everything else. I didn't have expectations of being pampered every day, and I am adult enough to take care of myself, so I didn't have any problems. It's an easy job if you're used to working hard back home.