Working at Intel Corporation — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Intel Corporation pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Intel Corporation

From San Jose — 05/07/2010

Intel is a wonderful company, you learn a lot there, your coworkers are so competent and intelligent that you just cant help but learning and growing. The company structure and even its focal (performance review) process was great, i think it did measure the employees performance fairly. I would say there are a couple of areas for improvement: 1- People management: managers of managers usually are not people oriented, focusont he process and dont value or trust their managers. First line managers work hard to please their individual contributors only to have their managers come and "destroy" what they have done. 2- Work/Life balance: Although they preach WLE is the norm, the truth is that you have to work 6-80 hour weeks in a consistent basis, therefore you are not fairly compensated.
Some of the other great things the company has are: 1- Benefits: excellent health benefits, bonuses, SPP and RSU programs. These are above the industry standard. 2- Use of technology: only after leaving Intel did i understood how efficient the use of technology was. 3- Communication: the companies focus on ensuring employees are in the loop of corporate developments helps you become involved in the wellbeing of the company. 4- Corporate Social Responsibility: Great efforts, excellent support!

All in all, i have to say my stay at Intel was very positive, it is dissapointing that a bad management made me leave.

From Folsom, CA — 02/02/2010

Working at Intel is great, but you are always looking over your shoulder for the next layoff.

From Munich — 01/13/2010

Worked for Intel for almost 30 years when I decided to leave them. Mostly worked in Sales and Marketing with people all around the world. Several years in Chandler, AZ. Yes, there were ups and downs, but that depends very much on the current manager you have. The human factor in the managers is the weakest point. But overall I had a great career at Intel, enjoyed multiple job opportunities and a great salary. Working at Intel is something special. You either love it or hate it.

From Santa Clara, CA — 09/10/2008

Intel has been a great place to work and a real blessing to me and my family.

From Rio Rancho — 12/16/2007

I've worked for Intel for 11 years now and still love it. I left for a brief moment to persue other avenues, but Intel is by far a much better employer than most out there. They put alot on their employees but so do other companies. The Benefits are good and I work a compressed WW so my time off with the family is great. Way to many people complain about Intel. They give what they get and I've been treated very well.

From Chandler, AZ — 06/06/2007

In the past two years, Intel has made significant market adjustments to pay scales which has vastly improved the competitiveness of salaries. The benefits include stock purchase plans which are also a fantastic easy way to make 33% returns (15% twice a year). The recent switch to restricted stock units help with a lagging stock price for options.

The current efficiency programs leave everyone wondering when they will lose their job next. And there is no way to know how reductions will be made, so you don't know whether to sneak onto a core project or if you need to change your job title so it's not included in the next list.

There are some amazing people here, but there are also some horrible people here. With 100,000 employees, you get all kinds. It's easy to get bogged down with meetings scheduled 12 hours a day here. You have to be the one who calls people out for wasting your time. Many people see attending meetings and sending emails as work. It's always the same 20% doing the actual work.

I would probably be more inclined to look elsewhere for employment, but because our 401k takes 7 YEARS to vest, I am sitting here with only 40%... I need this, so I stay.