Working at Ingles — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Ingles pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Ingles

From Covington, GA — 04/08/2010

My pay is not where it should be for my position and the responsibility that has been bestowed on me, but I can say that I have worked for the company for 3 years and have received $4.50 raise. It was all promotional raises though. As for respect, it really depends on what day it is as to weather you get any respect. I am a Customer Service Manager, and yet when the store or co manager is not in the store, I act as manager on duty. I am 21, and most of the people in the other departments are 40+ and they do not seem to care if I am the manager, they just care that they are older than me. But I can hold my own, and I make sure I get what I need done, done. As for benefits, Ingles doesn't offer the best health insurance, but they get the job done. I don't get sick very often, nor do I have to go to the doctor a lot, but it is nice to know i have something to fall back on. They do have part time insurance that I used before I was full time, but I never did take advantage of them. My job security is shaky. I have seen people fired for very stupid things. I try to make sure everything I do is by the book. Working as a CSM I work nights. So my life is pretty much non existent. And as for career growth, I started out as a bagger, and I am now a CSM, so it is all about your attitude and work ethics that will prove if you are eligible for promotions. The location is great, it takes me 2 minutes to get to work. A lot of my co-workers are just there for the paycheck, and care nothing about customer satisfaction, or treating our customers with respect. I do understand there are rude customers who come into our store, but everyone should be treated with respect. These customers are where we get our pay checks. My work environment is so-so.. Besides the incompetent workers, I work with some people who are awesome. I have made some great friends, and we work as a team. Some days I hate going into work, but then there are other days when I am just fine when I see some of the people I work with.