Working at Infosys — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Infosys pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Infosys

From andhra pradesh — 02/27/2010

Very good company to work in.

sound growht, on site oportunites.
no politics as other companies.

i strongly recommend this company.

be a part of truly good IT companyh

From CA — 07/07/2009

I had worked for Infosys between the years 2003 - 2007 at different locations in India and US. Having worked both for Infosys and now for other companies, I feel Infosys is a good company to work for in India but not in the US.

The bad part - Overall, the Indian pay is decent while the pay in US is the minimum prevailing wage. If you are interested in seeing a big paycheck every month, then this is not the company for you. Moreover, the pay is very complex to understand as it is a mixture of base pay + company performance Incentive + Unit performance Incentive + Individual performance Incentive. You get your base pay, but the rest are not guaranteed. Work / Life is completely unbalanced. There are a LOT of days when you need to work 18-20 hrs a day and there are a few days when you don't have much work. You will never get leaves when you really need them. The company is well aware of the work life balance situation and did take a few steps to balance it but I had not seen any real results.

The good part - Job security is great if you perform decently enough. Career growth is great if you are able to perform well and also know how to participate in office politics. Basically, the middle management and top managmenet only care about the company growth. They are willing to take on any job as long as it brings in revenue. So, don't expect to always land in a project you might like. The work environment in India is simply great. You will not find offices like the ones Infosys builds. The company has offices located in all major cities in southern India and has clients in all US states. However, you may not always get a location of your first choice but you could settle in for the second or thrid best option. The work evnironment in US depends on the client.

The great part - the company is ethical. Though some may not agree with this, I feel the company has tried to do things without breaking the laws of any country. The management may be driven by profit but they do have values.

The best part - the people. Working at Infosys you will work with some of the best in class people. It will not be hard to find a mentor or a friend. You will always have company at work or outside work. Infosys spends a lot of money to train the people and build team work and it really pays off. The company also has a great mix of different cultures.

Overall, if you are fresh out of college and going to join this company then you are in for a huge change in your life. There is a lot to look forward.
If you are working elsewhere and are switching to Infosys, then be aware that the salary stated on you offer letter is not what your paycheck will look like.

From Washington — 10/11/2008

I'm not sure if you guys have been on the consulting side of Infosys. Its great. Lots of potential. Pay is relative to big 5 consulting firms. The hiring here is very selective (from top 10 universities). I'm surrounded by intellectual but down to earth colleagues. Ofcourse the work life balance will suck once in a while. Its consulting - what did you expect?

From pune — 03/30/2008

Great company to work

From bengaluru — 01/14/2008

Infy is a medocre kind of a company to work for.

People in final year in college who are dazzled by the paid marketing by infy on tv channels, websites etc prepare to clear qualifying exam.
I too did and with all the preparation got through the interview and was offered a joining date after 6 months,

I was excited and thought It would be better to revise and brush up my engg. courseware as i was going to work with a great technology company.

When I joined, i was hushed into a training program that is superficial and general in nature. Only that you have to mug up things and pass their internal qualifiers. but i was very excited and mugged up things realy well

After this started a long and seemingly endless wait to get work. For one full year, I had no work with all the training forgotten. This was the period to enjoy the facilities at the beautifully built campuses.

After being there for around 17 months with them, I got a project with a reputed client...

I was again excited...

For 6 months i was 'assigned' to a team on the project and got a chance to display my skills in 'technologies' such as MSWord, MSExcel, MSOutlook..

So there is NIL career growth..

I decided to move on and went to a reputed US based company for an interview.. The technical rounds went well courtsey the trainings at infy and being with friends who prepared for GATE and GRE while they were also waiting for projects.. In Managers round of interview, the manager asked about my exp. I stated 2 yrs..
He simply said "Two years at infy. So you have bee paid salaries for 2 years without getting any work." I was bemused.
I said that he would consider me as a fresher in his comp as he knew tool well about how things go at infy. Then I had to tell him that i have worked 6 months on a project and have had months training initially so he decided to consider me with 1 yr exp and directed the HR to prepare an offer..

PAY although low is in a sense OK for they spend a good amount of money on ur trainings etc also and pay for a good amount of time without getting any work.

Location : Banglore is a cool.. although expensive place. Good if your family is in the same city

Job Security: The only time u can be fired is after the initial 6 months training

Co Worker competence.. The kind of work that gets done at infy.. Highly competent people stay there not more than 4 years. I they do, they dont remain highly competent.. Some trainers and some people who joined infy 7-8 years back are really good.

Career growth potential : below average. some of my friends stayed here for 3-4 years had a chance to go onsite and knew almost everything about their project/ system. sadly that s all they knew about and had difficult time getting out. One of them had to appear in interviews with 6 companies to get a job.

Most of the managers Senior staff are hired direct from outside.

From Bangalore. Karnataka — 12/27/2007

i think there are two distinct sides to this company, one is the herd and the other is the top performers who have managed to gather attention. If you are in the herd god save u. But if u are recognized and seen then work wise u can land with great stuff. This may not translate into immediate pay hike, but u have good chances of onsite, and the onsite pay is good . You can get an H1B and your career can be on a different plane. But for this you need to work hard and be visible. Succesfull people in this company are really happy. This company does reward initiative and bottomline responsibility, which is what business is about.

From Bangalore — 06/24/2007

Great work culture but totally incompetent peers...and no innovation encouraged...u lose all u have if u join this company... unless u want to stick to company get respect and while ur time away