Working at INFORMATICA — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about INFORMATICA pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at INFORMATICA

From Redwood City, CA — 02/01/2010

Informatica has a highly-political work environment and is notorious for employee churn. The department for which I worked had constant turnover. This is particularly true of the sales and marketing departments, and not even execs are completely immune. Another example is the high attrition rate of employees that join through acquisition. They do pay very well and benefits are good, put they exact a high price from you, too. You are expected to be on 24/7 and you can be terminated at any moment. Top management mostly came from Oracle and the culture at Informatica is an intense and concentrated version of Oracle's. If that's a situation you're willing to deal with, then a job at Informatica can be lucrative. The company is doing well.

From Redwood City, CA — 10/30/2008

I had been a contractor here (holding a few different jobs within the department) for a year and a half before a perm position opened up. I seized the opportunity as quickly as I could. Working here has been the best professional experience I've ever had. The people are generous with their support and constantly make me want to do better (to keep up with them!). Most companies say they're a 'team'centric place to work, but Informatica really means it. I couldn't succeed without my coworkers. I hope I'm here when we hit $1Billion!