Working at Infocision — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Infocision pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Infocision

From akron, ohio — 04/28/2010

okay; enough trashing of infocision, i ;ve been with this progressive company for 3 months & am apalled at the reviews im reading. i s this my dream job? maybe? maybe not. yeah theres some pressure: but what job doesn ;t have pressure? the pay isn ;t the greatest ; but its manageable to say the least! maybe the problem isn ;t in the management; but in the people it hires. perhaps infocision should have a policy of hiring only educated people like myself; with a degree. the more education; the more intelligent employee capable of handleing the job and its requirements. i was impressed with the fact that the majority of supervisors wrer college edocated. probably why i get along fine with them' better all u complaining out there are better suited fo customer service in related fields like burgre king/ wendys etc.... i mean no offense by this statement; but why not leave the smart jobs to the truly educated .

From Ohio — 02/20/2010

This company does what all companies that can't keep employees have to do..... exaggerate the benefits of working for them. The pay is not a living wage, it is the basic minimum wage job. At $7.30 an hour you can hardly afford to support yourself let alone a family on it. If you chose to work the 2:00pm to 11:00 pm shift you can get an extra $1.50 an hour this is called your bonus. But if you miss working your required ( no matter what occurs ) weekend day, you lose that bonus. If your performance is high enough you can get a cut of the room bonus between $30.00 high end to low end of under $20.00. Out of a room of around 100 communicators only 1/3 will get the extra money.
Your take home pay might be around $300.00 a week if you get the bonuses. But now if you have insurance you will be bringing home around $250.00 a week maybe less depending if you have a single plan or family plan. So now you are working for insurance only. Car , house , car insurance payment. Stuff for the children. Food. somewhere you have to cut or get a second job.
Hours are alright you can make up any lost time in fact you are wrote up for missing work if you don't get you 40 hours in if you are full time. Same for part time
If you performance is not high enough ( must get enough volunteers to keep your performance up) you will get wrote up. If you do not do two complete asks for people to volunteer and a one ask for a money donation you will get warning or wrote up. This is called bailing. Now some of these people that are called are hardly able to take care of themselves but we are badgering them into send out letters to neighbors or family and friends. The names are sometimes so out of date we are calling people who have been dead for years. If some one tells you they are sick no matter if it is with cancer or some other disease you have to ask how they are doing if they answer good you go on to your pitch.
This may have been a good company at the beginning but as with all things greed sets in. You get people under the person who started the company that has different ideas and philosophy. Look at it like a house of cards eventually it falls down.
If this company would start paying the employees with a living wage and look at the negative effects some of the unreasonable rules it has established it might survive.
It does have a gym but the company charges you a start up fee of around $23.00 then a monthly fee of $3.00 and change. Now that sounds good but with the wage the employees are making you just can't afford it. I feel if the company was sincere about keeping the employees healthy a yearly fee of $25.00 would be sufficient. Unless you are trying to make money off of your gym.
The break room is always to hot. The machines are always nearly empty. Usually table are filthy.
The communicators chairs are in need of a good cleaning. They have stains ( I don't even what to think what they might be) on them the base of the chairs are dirty. The stations have little dust balls behind the computers. You have no place to keep your personal items safe. If you are fortunate enough to be able to use the gym your would have to drag your personal items with you.
The supervisors are trying to make it work for the employees. Except for one thing they are too loud. They tend to get in groups and talk so loud that it bothers the communicators. Now if we were caught doing that we would be reprimanded for it. One trainer is so loud she yells from her office to someone out in the room it causes a lot of problems. But she is so likable no one what to confront her about it.
The job is very boring. Stressful ,yes it can be at times
My opinion is that unless things change in the future this company will eventually kill itself. You can only go so long with reviews that have been posted here before it starts to effect the business. If they were smart enough they would understand that this site is just a drop in the bucket of unsatisfied employees. Word of mouth can destroy a business. What makes it a shame is all of the problems are correctable with a little effort.
I tried to fair in this review. Some of the things I have read on this site is true some are not and some are blown out of proportion.
I hope to continue working at infocision for long time.. We could all try and be part of the solution.

From Akron Ohio — 01/29/2010

I have grown up all my life in Northeast Ohio. This is my home. Stark & Summit Counties have been plagued with major corporations shutting down or moving out of this area. Giants like The Hoover Company, General Tire, Goodrich, the steel companies, Big Banks...many have come & gone this past generation.
I believe it is a modern miracle that a "Mom & Pop" kind of family business like InfoCision could grow into a $250million dollar a year business with over 4,000 employees in Akron Ohio when so many other major employers are laying off, freezing their hirings, moving to other states or simply closing down. This company has been offered lucrative packages with huge tax advantages to leave & relocate in other parts of the United States. I thank God that I can earn a fair wage for a fair days labor in a Christian environment at an ethical company that has the vision and loyalty . Thsi company remains in a growth mode during these harsh econmoic times because it takes care of its clients & takes care of its employees. I read the posts from others who complain about this company. They will soon be joining the other 12.5% of people in this area that are seeking to get off the gov't dole & praying for gainful employment . Their bitterness and their lack of appreciation will soon separate them from a great employer.

From Ohio — 01/08/2010

I've worked at InfoCision for a couple of years now and I'd have to say that the company has been a great fit for me and my family. There are plenty of flexible schedules and if you are willing to work hard while you are here, you will be rewarded! The bonus system is decent and I have a blast with my coworkers. I'd say attitude is everything, when you keep a positive attitude you always perform better and it also helps your coworkers to perform at a higher level too! I have one of the nicest managers in the company and I know that I am respected and cared about by my peers. I know it can get hard sometimes (especially when work is low) but it is generally a great place to work! I also know that the website frequently has plenty of postings should I wish to seek an alternate route to get promotions. As far as the policies are concerned, the discipline is fair and progressive. If you follow proceedure during the calls and maintain a decent performance you'll do just fine!

From Akron, Ohio — 01/08/2010

Pay is based off of performance and ability to excell at your tasks. It is outlined for each individual and if you met goals, you get paid a better rate. It's just like school- you get the grade you deserve.
Respect- when you give respect, you get respect. Many coworkers come into the company thinking that they deserve to have the management and peers bend over backwards for them without so much as a please or thank you. However, when interacting with coworkers in a positive way- you get the same returned.

Although the company caters to a wide range of clients with demanding hours, there is a lot of flexibility for time off. When you get hired, you know you have to work a weekend day and quite possibly the holidays. Those of you complaining about it- you knew when you were hired, and if you don't like it, find another job- I hear there are fry cooks needed and the gas station is hiring.

There is lots of room for growth with InfoCision. Communicators can move up to trainers or supervisors and even directors of divisions. Our President and CEO started off in the call center and knows what the day to day is like. Work hard and set goals to move up!

Everyone has aspects of their job that they would like to change- well do something about it! Don't get on here and whine when the expectations were laid out before you accepted your position. If you don't like something, take it to your superiors in writing! Be proactive and change your attitude!

From Ohio — 12/09/2009

As far as call centers go, InfoCision is the cream of the crop! The working environment is very clean, professional, and enjoyable. Yes there are rules to follow, as you would expect with any thriving company! Structure and ethics are the cornerstones of consistency and allows for a level playing field for all parties involved. If you do not like dressing professionally and following rules and you also feel that the world owes you something and you deserve something for nothing and If you have a poor work ethic and the "woe is me" attitude, you will not like InfoCision.
If you have a good work ethic, a desire to succeed, achieve the best that is in yourself, and can be flexible enough to abide by the long-standing traditions in rules and dress-code (It's not severe, it is FAIR) You will succeed here!
I've worked for IMC for several years and started entrry level on the phones. I wasn't friends with anyone in management, I didnt kiss anyone's butt.. I just worked hard and did my best to do a great job. I've been promoted a few times and am in entry-level management now. I feel great about my accomplishments and I know for a fact that anyone can do it if you have the drive!
Most of the complaints I've ready on this site tonight are somewhat true, but are being taken out of context.
Yes, you will lose your differential if you do not fulfill your hours. This makes you accountable to work your schedule. I spent almost a full year on the phones and never lost my diff once! I worked my hours. I was responsible.. it's not hard to do!
Yes, you can be sent home if the work is low, but generally your differential is still honored if the only time you miss is from a lack of work situation. At 99% of companies, if there is no work to do, you are let go or laid off. I would rather know that I still had a job, but am having my hours trimmed (along with everyone else) for the long term good of the company. It's called job security. You should value it!
Yes, if you are a consistently subpar performer or have awful quality, you can be disciplned and eventually terminated, but the expectations are extremely clear and fair. Everyone is treated the same in regards to this, and you are always informed what your next step will be if you do not correct the problem. This is better than most companies will give you and by call center standards is extremely useful!

All in all, InfoCision is a great company that truly cares for and respects the employees from communicator to executive. I'm currently on my own career ladder, and look forward to each and every challenge I can successfully complete! Don't trust the nay-sayers. If you want it, you can get it at InfoCision!!!
The pay is not tremendous, but it is a call center in Ohio... one that has been in operation for over 27 years and is committed to keeping jobs in this country. There is alot of expense in keeping the standard of quality and compliance that we enjoy, because of this, they may not pay their employees quite as much as some other call centers. But remember with alot of these other centers, they most likely outsource alot of their work, they may not always be in compliance to all laws and could be sued and go out business. Also, by trying to be "popular" they may offer a higher pay as incentive.. but will eventually over-extend themselves and be forced to close down or move overseas... then you have ZERO income..So weigh your options carefully and remember long term decent money is always better short term and unstable good money.

Thanks for reading

From Akron, Ohio — 12/04/2009

I have been with Infocision 6 months now, in Akron. In fact, I may be the PhD that was mentioned. I am with this company because it's very hard to pay the bills doing a psychology internship and still eat. However, the company itself has a lot of internal issues that no one up the ladder seems to want to fix. They are great to the new employees the first few months, then the hammer falls. The rules change every day, so it adds to your stress. You never know what to expect. I do like my co-workers very much. They make the job worthwhile. But I have seen the "hammer" fall on some of them for the dumbest reasons on earth. So much so that I've started calling the supervisors and thehuman resource people the "Info-Nazis" and all their tactics part of then "Info-quisition".

From Akron, OH — 09/13/2009

Ive been with InfoCision for about 3 months now, and I have to say I enjoy it. The pay is a hell of alot better than some other boiler rooms Ive worked at in the area. Yes, you can lose your differential if you dont work all of your hours, but thats the norm with most companies.

Respect- My supervisors are great, intelligent, competent people, and they are willing to help when your having trouble.

Benifits- Im currently looking into benifits, and they seem to be fairly decent. Im looking at about $50 a week as a single male.

Work/life balance- I recently changed my shedule due to conflicts with school. The HR manager was extremely fast with approving the change, litterally less than 24 hrs after I put in for it, it was approved. They try to work with you.

Career potential/Growth- Honestly, Im not sure yet. I havent been there long enough to be elligible for a promotion (6 months minimum). However, I am very interested in moving up in the company, and have made that clear to the HR manager and my supervisors.

Location- Easy to find

Co worker competence- I work with people who know and enjoy what theyre doing.

Work enviroment- Outside of having too many employees for the size of our current call center, I have seen nothing wrong. The facility is neat, clean, and well maintained. I like my co-workers, and everyone seems to get along fairly well. The dress code is tough, but its for a reason.

I see alot of the people on here complaining are from mansfeild and youngstown. These people are trash in the first place, and wanted a job where they could be paid to slack off all day.

From Akron,Ohio — 08/13/2009

Great benifits , Great people, very stressful work
enviornment it is all abot the numbers in fact we are numbers so it feel a little robotic. They tend to hire outside the company for hirer positions . right now we have a PHD working as a communicator

From clarksburg wv — 08/04/2009

pay is well above average but the trade off is you are treated like a child if you need to go to the bathhroom and are gone from your desk for more than 5 min they may call the fbi and report you as a missing person. Benefits are good. Job security is great you have to try pretty hard to get fired . I don't think there is a lot of promotion potential. the building is real nice but is a few miles out of town.