Working at IKON — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about IKON pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at IKON

From Albany, NY — 06/24/2010

IKON is a solid company that offers a fabulous sales career to individuals with a award winning training program. I am not sure why I see so many negative reviews, pay is typical of a outside sales role base plus uncapped commissions. They have very good benifits to offer employees as well as advancement opportunities. Take a look at IKON yes they have issues like all companies but not as much as I have experienced at other companies.

From Houston, TX — 07/26/2007

I enjoyed working for the company. If they would have figured out that lowering a persons comm. pissed them off then would have kept very good sales people. They where always asking for more more more with less and less pay. When a person is always over quota it is wrong for a manager to beat them for more at the end of the month. Poor mngt is why I am no longer with the company.

From Waterloo, IA — 07/18/2007

If you are a sales professional, this is one of the better sales positions I have had. Home at night and on the weekends, get all the holidays off, and I am working in a relaxed environment. In the area I am working there is no office so I start my work day and end it in my home office. When I am selling my boss leaves me alone and when I am not, he holds me accountable. The biggest downside is the companies customer service structure and billing issues. You have to be involved with your customers billing issues or they will not stay your customer.

Benefits are good with many different health plans to pick from. Nice 401K match, they put in $4 to my $6. I get time off pretty much when I need it as long as my performance is there.

I ranked the Job Security low because in the sales environment it generally is, you are expected to get results. I ranked the career potential/growth and the location low because on where I live. If your willing to move or are in a major metro area then there is all kinds of advancement opportunities.