Working at Huntington Bank — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Huntington Bank pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Huntington Bank

From Adrian,Mi — 04/15/2010

I have worked part time for Huntington for a few years. It is a terrible company to work for. I would never recomend this company to any one. The raises are non existant. They expect you to push whatever product you can to get new customers. I feel like a telemarketer. We have to calll clients over and over and over again. One week we're pushing checking accounts, the next its personal loans, then debt consolidating.
They have this insane customer survey which your bonus pay is based on. It's just a way to get out of paying any bonus at all. Hate it. I stay because I'm only part time and it works for me right now.

From warren, ohio — 08/12/2008

Ok, I was with Sky for only a short time before the merger to Huntington. It only got worse!! Yah, some of the products are better for the customers but the fees are much better for the bank. Customers are getting hit with fees for reasons that the employees can't even figure out and we are not supposed to refund them!!
Anyway, pay. Well as in all banks that I have worked for, the "tellers are the most important employees" but yet the lowest paid. And when I say lowest paid, I mean your lucky to start out at 7.50 hr. You are responsible for thousands and thousands of dollars, yet you earn very little. As for respect, it depends on who you are and how much you suck up (and to who)as to the respect you get. Benefits are good but health insurance is expensive. Job security, well, they're cutting back more and more everyday. Saying that offices are over-staffed yet there aren't enough people to cover the office if there is someone on vacation- which when you work at an office that most of the employees get 3 or 4 weeks of vacation, this happens alot. Career growth, well there is potential if you are a size 3 and are under 25 with a pretty face. Or you suck up really good. I have been "backing up" other positions in the office "to get the experience for when a position opens", yet I have been passed up for the position twice!! Location is not too bad but there are closer to my home but no way to get in at those offices. Co-workers are great people but most have been there a while so they all want to do things their way and if they can't they threaten to quit and the TL or Manager give in. Most of them are very competent. Work environment is very stressfull. If the customers are not complaining or giving you a hard time, the manager is harping at you to get more people to open accounts so you can meet the goals set for the office. They even want you to get your family and friends to open accounts if there are no customers who want to. And then there's the survey calls that are made to the customer. It is supposed to be to rate the employees and how they treated the customer yet when a customer says something bad about the bank's procedures or products, it brings the score down. The branch's employees cannot control procedures or products and yet we fail to get bonuses because the customers don't like these things.

From Kentucky — 05/20/2008

Huntington use to be the "Bank" to work for. Then they bought Sky Bank(what a joke) I don't know who didnt do their homework but this has been the worse deal ever! We were a very stable bank until this merge. The job security just isnt there anymore. The Southern/Ohio Retail division is now being ran by a former 5/3 employee and he is running like 5/3. They have hired some real winners here in the last two years. They have young inexperienced managers that talk to their staff as if they are dumb and do not know anything. Some of the managers do nothing and work a total of 25 hours per week, make no sales and get to take trips that the Personal Bankers made for them. The office staff at our location is wonderful and gives great service and really follows the Huntington Philosphy, but if things don't turn around soon in this region I am afraid Huntington may go down with 5/3. Here is hoping that we can get the old Huntington back!