Working at Hollywood Video — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Hollywood Video pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Hollywood Video

From Indiana — 03/05/2010

Let me start by saying if any of you could spell it would make your experience comments a lot more convincing. Maybe the reason why you do not like working for this company is because you are incompetent to begin with. I have worked for both Family Video and Hollywood Video, and I would take my job back at Hollywood Video today if it were offered. When I started at my store it was a complete mess, our sales were terrible and the employees could barely say their ABC's. Movies were all over the place, out of order, and in the wrong section. With the help of my Assistant Manager, we corrected these problems and had our store in the top five in sales for our district. Unfortunately, the company is failing miserably and they closed my store with no heads up to me, the DM or RM.

From Pasadena — 11/28/2007

This is a great job for a teen, if you are planning to move up in the company; you might have to spent a good 5 years before they considered you a store manager which ruffly makes 40k a year that horrible just go to school and study hard..

From Portland, OR 82nd & — 10/01/2007

I really enjoyed my time at Hollywood. Obviously it's not a career, and it if is, you're probably the type of person that complains online under an alias. For a high school/college job, it was a lot of fun. You get to spend the evenings talking about MOVIES for god's sake. How cool is that? And seriously, how hard is it to put movies away and scan things? Obviously I wouldn't work there again now that I have my degree, but the people were nice, the job was easy, and it was generally pretty stress free. (and if corporate is reading this, Steve was a great manager. probably still is)