Working at Holiday Inn — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Holiday Inn pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Holiday Inn

From Fargo, North Dakota — 10/12/2010

My experience with the hotel has been fairly good. I can honestly say as long as you work hard and are mildly competent, you will be treated with the respect you deserve. If you're there trying to do as little as possible without being noticed, it will not go well for you. There is a reasonable amount of career potential within the hotel as long as you have your ducks in a row and are willing to be realistic about your position within the hotel. In the hospitality industry companies do not usually have the capital to pay department managers dearly. Your value to the company is directly related to the value of your department.

Like every company there will be people whom you may view as incompetent, but the older you get the more you will recognize this is the "norm". In conclusion, the hotel is a great place to work and develop customer relations skills as well as a general idea of how the hotel industry works. It is an excellent stepping stone that will give you a good reference, from one of the biggest hotel chains in the world, and will provide you with skills you need to succeed. Unless you're passionate about the hotel industry and strive to be an administrator, this may not be the best career choice for you, yet still an excellent experience.

From Lafayette, LA — 03/28/2010

I work the front desk at the Holiday Inn Express on Kaliste Saloom. The managers here are fabulous. They're understanding and helpful, and interested in your life. The staff is great too. We've had a couple of duds, but mostly everyone here is wonderful. Love my job!

From Gaithersburg, MD — 03/02/2010

Great management, respectful, kind but unstable work hours and benefits.Generally though the pay pales in comparisin to some industries the level of hard work and happiness is far greater.

From Scottsdale, AZ — 09/13/2008

Best Job I have ever had! Bosses are fair and caring, co-workers rock! Love it here

From The villages, Florid — 03/10/2008

I very much suggest working at the holiday inn in the villages florida. The boss is the sweetest person ever. the people you work with are friendly and always around to help. you work from 8:30am to around 2:00pm...then have the rest of the day for your LIFE! pay is small (around $6.50 hr PLUS tips which vary) but if you are looking for a job working around being a student or something extra, then the holiday inn is for you! 5 days on, 2 days off. try it out!