Working at Hewitt Associates — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Hewitt Associates pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Hewitt Associates

From The Woodlands, TX — 09/28/2010

I have nothing bad to say about Hewitt. Will agree the temp agency used for hiring, Spherion, is a mess but Hewitt has been a great company to work for. Advancement opportunities abound if you are willing to apply yourself. Call center associates are very well compensated. When we experienced Hurricane Ike Hewitt paid all employees AND contractors while they were closed. They brought in trailers of ice, batteries, flashlights and candles. They also offered each associate an interest free loan up to $1000. Benefits are decent but a bit on the pricey side. Just remember the job is what you make of it. If you are lazy then what do you expect?

From The Woodlands, TX — 08/01/2009

Like everyone, I wish I was paid more. But in a time when the economy is crumbling and jobs are being lost everywhere, our leadership has been really good. They have really turned around a financial mess and have let us have some fun doing it. My client is really happy with the work we are doing for them (and even came down and served a big lunch to our team last week).

Hope we see some new clients soon (would like a chance for a bigger job). Regardless, I like the people I work with, my manager, and our leaders...so guess things could be a lot worse.

From Lincolnshire, IL — 06/04/2009

Let me start out by saying I am a contractor. I love my job. The entire team is very bright, helpful to each other, and fun to be around. The few who have been there forever are sort of stuck in their ways but they are not pains at all, but very respectful to thinking out of the box. The hours can be a little long but it seems that they balance it with allowing associates to work from home or just having a 4 day week. The commute for me is nothing which is nice too. I honestly like my job and the people. Who knew it was possible coming from a horrible workplace like A__STATE.

From Lincolnshire, IL — 05/09/2009

I like my job, I have been very LUCKY too have one of the best managers Hewitt has. I'm very far from the Kiss Ass people. I have been rewarded well for my work. Yes, they have removed some benefits but I still have a job for now which pays my mortage. I definetly agree that Hewitt has changed over the years, quailty being the number one thing that Hewitt use to pride itself on. Hiring poor quailty (less pay)workers results in poor quailty customer service. Hewitt will be bring back jobs to Lincolnshire because the quailty in customer service will hurt them more than they know. So go ahead and tell me I'm a kiss ass I know who and what I'am, and Kiss Ass is the last thing I would ever be. I just have been lucky to work for managers who actually care for their people. I have hear from my peers about how much their managers suck and try to get them fired.

From The Woodlands, Tx — 04/21/2009

hewitt is a fabulous company. I know there is always a dept. or manager that you may not get along with but I also feel you get what you put into it. Negativity breeds negativity. You really need to speak with someone before your work life gets unbearable. :)

From Toronto, Ontario — 12/27/2008

Employees who work for Hewitt's Consulting business (rather than Outsourcing) have the opportunity to truly make what they want of their job - at least in countries outside the US (perhaps even in the US). There is a real team environment, with clear objectives and most people have a good understanding of the role they play in achieving corporate success. There is the freedom to express ideas and be creative, though there are tight constraints in terms of budget and high demands regading achieving billable targets and being as profitable as possible. All in all, it's a good place to work, with opportunities to learn and great people to work with. Benefits are good and so is pay, for high achievers.

From Norwalk, CT — 12/03/2008

Overall a pretty good experience with Hewitt.

From Lincolnshire, IL — 11/26/2008

I have been in consulting industry my entire career. I really enjoy working here.

From Lincolnshire, IL — 09/05/2008

Hewitt like many companies has positive attributes and areas of improvement. The success and growth of this company is a very strong point and promotes strong job security. The pay and benefits are competitive to industry. I am fortunate to have a very generous and well trained team with a great back up support system. My role has great processess and avenues of making my project tasks more efficient. Overall I have a very positive work environment and some great co-workers.

From Virtual — 12/05/2007

This is not a posting re: a CSA position. This is the world of a consultant at Hewitt.

I've been at Hewitt for 8 years. I've seen good and bad - there is no doubt the company has changed. It is not the company that I hired into, but really, that was a fairy tale. It is now just like every other corporate America environment. And that's OK. Bottom line is that if you are a good performer and you know how to manage your career, you will be fine. (Your career will NOT be managed for you.) You can't be afraid of work - you have to want to succeed. You can't be afraid of people - Hewitt rewards confidence.

Pay: You have to fight for it, but it can be done. Hewitt is somewhat below market for consultants, but it is not completely off. I have been well into 6 figures for 3 years.

Respect: I have no issues here, I am valued and respected.

Benefits: They are getting increasingly tighter, but this is relative to how great they used to be.

Job Security: This is a tough one. For me, it's fine. In general, many are concerned about their job. With the "Get Lean" principle eliminating so many positions, I can't say that it is unreasonable to be concerned with job security at Hewitt.

Work/Life Balance: Could not be better. They provide the technology, support and understanding to do your job however you need to to be successful. That doesn't mean it can be demanding to be successful - but that would be true for anywhere.

Career Potential/Growth: With all of the former owners being rif'd, there is great career potential for those who remain.

Location: You can work anywhere as a high performing consultant.

Co-worker Competence: Now that the majority of the dead-weight has been rif'd or demoted, this has increasingly gotten better.

Work Environment: Again, not having to be in a Hewitt office makes a world of difference.