Working at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Harvard Pilgrim Health Care pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

From Wellesley, MA — 08/02/2007

I was laid off, along with hundreds of other staff members, in 2001 after the company had been in receivership. Although it's recovered financially, the company has not recovered all their former members so I'm guessing that job security is still not great there.
When I worked there, my salary was about $12,000 less than it should have been (according to Salary.com, anyway). My co-workers were mostly pleasant and fun to be around, but my direct supervisor was a classic micro-manager. Benefits were good, however, and the commute, for me, was an easy one.

From Quincy, MA — 09/20/2006

Harvard Pilgrim is a great place to work. It is a non profit health insurance company with a lot of opportunity and room for growth if you are in the right department. The Quincy facility is near the train, and gives you a shuttle from the train to the building. Health insurance is inexpensive by compare, you get vacation, sick and personal time, as well as 401k and tuition reimbursement for your education as well. It is also a very diverse workplace, and has a great deal of interest in cultural differences, and encouraging employees to work well with difference. Altogether, a great place to work!