Working at Harris Connect, Inc. — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Harris Connect, Inc. pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Harris Connect, Inc.

From Chesapeake, VA — 06/10/2010

The WORST company I've ever worked for. There is practically NO way to move up the ladder. Once your supervisor sees that you can do her job, you're kept down. The pay is horrible. They expect you jump for joy when they give you a 5-cent raise.

From Austin, TX — 04/26/2010

When I worked at Harris Connect my only complaint is that I do not like telemarketing. All in all it was not that bad. I was with them from a year and a half and I don't even like selling stuff. I have no idea how I was able to sell enough to keep my "metrics" at the needed level or higher. All managers at the company would try and help me to increase my sales even if I had a great week. If you decide you can even listen in with any other person who is better than you so you can learn.
Just as any other job there are politics. I had an incident where I said something that was taken the wrong way by a manger. I thought I was going to lose my job. That manager was pissed for a while but we just kept a distance. I explained (within a week) to my manager what happened, as well as the center manager, and although I was never "cool" with the manager that misheard me we maintained a professional relationship.
Something that was really cool about Harris was the ability to work from home. I hesitate to mention it in case someone is "researching" the company to find something to complain about. If you are that person I got some news that will rock your world.
** A lot of companies have employees work from home**
And the benefits were fantastic. I recommend to give Harris a try. Another blogger wrote that this company is a good "in between job" and it is. But oddly enough that is how a lot of people start working there. It was an in between job for me but I stayed (well they kept me) for a year and a half.

From San Antonio, Texas — 11/08/2009

The benefits are great at Harris. Everyone at work is positive and upbeat -- and they aren't just pretending either. You get paid well and basically write your own paycheck with your performance. I've got my own spacious cubicle and my work hours are great. I've read what others have written here about the training and will just say this about that subject: I feel it's designed to weed out those who really don't appreciate the job and think they'd be better off somewhere else. I see it as a sort of boot camp. Think about it -- would you want to work with the people who wrote the negative reviews here? I sure wouldn't! At any rate, I LOVE my job ~and~ co-workers and plan to stay with Harris for many years to come.

From Austin — 09/20/2009

I have to say that when I saw my W2 last year and it was $42,000 I was impressed. I sometimes pick up my checks and say "They pay me this much money to do THIS job?" The medical/dental benefits are awesome. The team leaders are encouraging and supportive...I am now working as a phone rep. from home which is also an added benefit...does it get any better?

From San Antonio , Texas — 05/15/2009

Harris is a GREAT place to work ! The managers are excellent and the work environment is too. The training is kind of hard at first when your getting to know the product but after the fact you get us to it and you learn to love it........ All the co-workers are very friendly . You get your own desk and new headset. You even get your own free book if they contract with one of your old schools. They are really demanding when it comes to the hiring process but that because they are trying to get the best people to work there like that no one gets in each others nerves .

I LOVE HARRIS CONNECT.

From Norfolk, VA — 06/23/2006

The pay sucks!!! Very much below industry standards according to the United States Department of Labor. The majority of employees who work here have to have some sort of supplemental income or a second job just to make ends meet. Employees here are always have a massive workload because there is not trained employees to handle it. People are constantly leaving for other opportunities and instead of replacing their positions, the workload is spread out with the remaining employees. Stress levels here are always high as a result. Because they can not afford to lose anybody, there is not really a fear of being fired. If you are looking for a company where you can start entry level and move up with hard work, dedication, and positive results.......keep looking because Harris is not the place for you. If you do well in what you are doing here, there is no reason to move you up from the management standpoint. If you want to make it to upper management and high profile positions here at Harris, be medicore at your job.

I will say a couple of positive things about Harris. There are good people here that deserve alot better than what they are getting. Also the relaxed environment somewhat balances out the fact that we are grossly overworked and underpaid.