Working at Harkins Theaters — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Harkins Theaters pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Harkins Theaters

From Texas — 06/16/2010

The pay starts out minimum wage, which doesn't give much room to complain since most part-time jobs for entry-level workers are. This obviously fluctuates between establishments, but most of the Team Leaders are pretty self-righteous and abusive, and the managers promote more on the spoils system than the merit system. The benefits are great though- free movies, guest passes etc. Job security- as long as you're not an extremely lazy employee, you won't get fired. Honestly, I wish they were more strict on that. Hours are very easily negotiable as long as you've made an effort to make a weekly availability. I can't see anyone making a career out of it unless they're sleeping with someone higher up though for reasons I've already mentioned. The location is almost perfect with the only real problem being congested traffic during rush hours. Co-workers are 60% morons, 20% slackers and 20% competent, which I guess is to be expected, but it spirals my blood pressure through the ceiling at times. The environment varies alot, but I'd say it's pretty friendly most of the time, but don't be surprised if your best friend at work decides they suddenly want to vent on you because they had a bad day; there's a lot of coworker drama here almost like a high school.