Working at Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution

From Fort Pierce, FL — 05/29/2008

I've worked at HBOI for a little over a year. I would agree with the last few comments. It's just too bad about what happened there. It makes you wonder if the cycle of "abuse" will continue like it already has with previous employees that have worked with this person. What's unfortunate is the people that work for this person know exactly what's going on and they themselves take the disrespect and sweep it under their carpets instead of doing something about it. The question is...will it ever end?

From Ft. Pierce, Florida — 08/05/2007

Shirley: set greed and ego aside and step down. You have no friends here anyway and your professional cred is dwindling rapidly. Megan, you are a snake and a hack that can't compose an English sentence, and Pee Wee Pete you are a shallow, mercenary and a little punk with a crappy attitude and little education to back any of it up. Patrick, you have turned into a corrupt, Rick Herman clone: so you also need to leave and try and recapture your morals so you can save your family life. This is the only survival plan for HBOI.