Working at Hammill Manufacturing Company — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Hammill Manufacturing Company pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Hammill Manufacturing Company

From Maumee — 09/17/2009

I can't say enough good things about HMC. The pay is great considering the alternatives. You get as much respect as you give. For those of you that don't know respect is a two way street. Benefits are equal to or similar to other plans I've had. The job security is up to you. You can work hard and do what your told and have a job for life. Work/life balance is what you make of it. The only down fall I have is that Hammill is such a great place to work there is almost no turnover causing little to know advancement because everyone stays or comes back after they quit. There are to great locations one in Maumee and one in west Toledo. These are two recently remodeled facilities that are top notch. John spared no expense during the remodel. For the most part co worker competence is usually pretty good. Every once in a while a bad one may slip through the door. The work environment is pretty good and sometimes great when the whiners are absent or just to busy to fill someones head with mindless negative. thoughts. I would like to thank John, John jr., Keith Johnson and Jeff Mack for making HMC a great place to work.

From Maumee, Ohio — 07/24/2009

I love HMC, Its the best place I have ever worked at. John and junior are really great businessmen. The management by far is the best I've ever worked for. Keith keep up the good work. This place will be in business far longer than any auto company supplier.

From Maumee Rossford Tole — 04/20/2008

Hammill Manufacturing is a wonderful place to work. I do not get the hostility. The Hammills have provided all of us with everything they said they would. They have given vacations, paychecks, and insurance. I think all of us should be telling John thanks for making sure we received everything we all asked for since the beginning of our employment at Hammill Manufacturing. Maybe we should throw him a party just to thank him for his honesty and generosity.

From rossford — 03/01/2008

lets see to the supervisors who think they have status , you are peons like the rest of us! you are nothin special , you are goin nowhere in this company . look at the supervisors before you , get it !!!! thats one problem to many supervisors . maumee has three stooges running the company that only the suck asses like , hey john do you know where all your scrap metal money is ? i bet you dont . johnson will be the last one out the door not hammill . nice aluminum trailer for the johnson barn ,look around john and jr see where your money goes. ( not to the employees )!and for employees who worked 10 to 15 hrs over we had no choice ! you work what your told to do , of course you could hire a monkey off the street to do our job as were told . corporate policy ( memo)

From Maumee/Toledo — 02/26/2008

I don't know where all the complaining is coming from. Sure things don't always go your way. Is that any reason to bash a company who has kept their promise? The promise made to you was that they would pay you the wage you negotiated at the start of your employment. So please do not complain about your pay. Respect you need to earn, this is something you are not entitled to. As far as benefits, quit crying at least they are offered. Job security is something you earn by completing your part correctly and gaining customer loyalty not screwing one up to make it again. Your life/work balance is what you make it. If you are constantly negative this is the lifestyle you chose. Potential for growth at Hammill is up to the employee. If you work hard and shine above the rest your efforts will not be overlooked. Your co-worker competence problem was brought on by the employee's whining continuously to whom ever would listen giving Hammill MFG a bad name. The work environment is what you make it. Part of the work environment problem is Hammillís fault though. Hammill has been very easy going for some time do to good years. Now that they need to me more competitive they need you to be more cooperative. Ten years ago Hammill could just get the work in Medical, now they need to compete for it. Now that the auto industry is about gone, companies need to work harder to keep their employee's working. If this means trimming the fat that's what they are going to do. I worked at Hammill for a # of years not all were great but most of them were. I can say one thing about every person in management and ownership. What I was told is what happened. All you have to do is ask and you will get your answer.

From Maumee, Ohio — 01/21/2008

I'm glad to see that there is someone that is appreciative of there job. I am also thankful to have a steady paycheck and benefits. I don't think this is the problem that people are complaining about. The problem is that there isn't any consistencey from managment. One day we are getting a free lunch and the next we are being brow beat for our incompetence and threatening to get fired. And becuase the attendance policy is so lenient, there tends to be a lot of inconsistancys of how it is run. The complaints still amount to inconsistent respect, lack of motivation and lack of positive reinforcement. We are human beings not puppets. And it is a fact that you don't dare say anything negative even in a postiive way to managment without being labeled and become the next winey worthless employee. I don't consider myself a worthless employee but I do see where managment has a lot to improve, one of which should be consistant behavior and more positive reinforcement. Unfortunately I don't think the owners realize that they could do a lot better at there company organization with better PEOPLE management. Happy employees would produce quality work a lot more. This is such a practicle solution that I am not sure why the owners haven't figured this out yet. This company may or may not be any better or worse than any other but it will never have a happy work force until some of the morale issues are addressed no matter who is at fault.

From Maumee, Ohio — 01/19/2008

I understand that many of Hammill employees are upset with the current buy-out of one division of our company, but HMC could've shut the doors on that divison as many other companies in our area did and did not offer them employment elsewhere. We are living in hard times & HMC is finally having to tighten their belts & cut down on alot of wasteful hours that employees were just "putting in their time", but actually did not work the required hours that they were supposed to while "on the clock". I have worked at various companies in the past 32 years and I have never in my life worked at a company that employed so many "whiners" & people that were payed a very generous amount of money, with overtime for several years and did not appreciate their employment status or the wages that they were paid. HMC also has the most liberal attendance policy that I have ever seen in my entire life. It is next to imposible to lose your job for poor attendance as it is at the majority of other companies. In addition, how many companies actually still reward their employees for perfect attendance & have a points system included in their benefits that actually allows you to accumulate points that you can use for paid time off or put the extra money in the bank? The employees that are complaining the loudest are also the ones that have gotten such a "free-ride" for countless of years. Now that the company is finally making their employees be more accountable for their work and attendance the disgruntled employees are coming at the management team with a vengence. I'm quite sure that this review will be "sliced & diced" by the whiners that are still working at HMC & really do not even have a clue of what it is to work at other companies, because several have never worked anywhere else!! If life at HMC is so bad, then why does our company still have numberous employees that do have 10+, 15+, 20+, 25+, etc., years of employment? Why haven't all these employees left yet? The door does swing both ways and if they think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, then why do they not just leave & go to greener pastures? I'm not one of the management suck-ups that the others employees have vented about on this web-site but someone who is grateful enough in these tough times to be employed and not work for some of the really crappy places that I have been employed at in the past. The ones that are complaining the loudest, I would like to see what they think of HMC after they work a few years elsewhere & find out what the real world is like outside the doors of HMC. It is not a kind world at the current time when it comes to employment & if you have not worked anywhere else you do not have much of a standard for comparing working conditions and making such rash statements as many are doing from this company. One more thing, I also have never worked for a company that is so flexible with allowing its employees to adjust their work schedule if they are in any kind of family crisis or need to adjust the hours they work in order to fulfil their family needs outside the company. As I stated earlier, I'm quite sure this review will be subject to much criticism, however, the employment record of the many loyal employees that have stayed with HMC for the numerous years that they have, speaks for itself.