Working at Halfaker and Associates — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Halfaker and Associates pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Halfaker and Associates

From Washington D.C. — 06/01/2010

One of the biggest problem is there is no communication from the company to its contractors in the field. And I mean NONE. I have no idea what is going on as far as the status of the current contract or potential contracts. This information would be helpful seeing how the current contract I work for is about to expire. It would help to known if I am going to be unemployed in the next 2 months or not.

The salary is decent but could be better given D.C. is one of the highest cost of living areas in the country.

There is an obivious bias towards wounded veterans. They seem to be a part of the company's "inner circle". One individual who was hired, has the same military background as I do and no degree. But because he is a wounded vet he makes 18K more a year than I do.

From Washington, DC — 02/17/2010

Halfaker is a fairly new contracting agency. It is not competitive with salaries of similar work as other companies. The company salaries are below the median average for this area. The company does not offer separate vacation leave and sick leave. The company gives 8 hours per month for PTO (Personal Time Off). The company does not offer Jury Duty Pay. If you have jury duty you must use your own personal leave to attend jury duty. There is no upward ability in the company if you are a contractor. And if you are a contractor and the government closes then you must use PTO to be paid for the days the government is closed. In my opinion, this company does not support and appreciate its contractor personnel. This is the worst company I have ever worked for. And due to this fact there is a high turnover of personnel.