Working at hair cuttery — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about hair cuttery pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at hair cuttery

From PA — 10/18/2010

Apparently a lot of these people picked a shop that was not so great but I really dont have anything bad to say about mine. The girls I work with arent just co-workers, they're friends and they care about eachother and we're always invited to parties, weddings, anything. We do things together outside of work. Our Salon Leader is the best, I wouldnt know what to do if she ever left. Pay isnt the best especially if the shop is slow but its money. Respect for eachother is really not a problem. Heathcare isnt the greatest since we are already at high risk for Carpel Tunnel. Eye and the Dentist is really good. I have not had a problem balancing life/work and neither has anyone else. Every vacation I've had, I've taken it without an issue. Finding coverage stinks but someone will eventually cover as everyone needs money these days and if they have your back, you have theirs. I've known someone who was not at HC long and she became an Assistant Leader in no time, actually I know 2 people that thats happened to. We have 3 Master Stylist at our shop. It can be tough becoming a Master Stylist but if you are happy and do a great job and give out your card it shouldnt be long until people are requesting you. If I ever need help with anything like a cut or a color, someone will help me.
I really dont know what else I can say. We're a good group that gets along and we get a lot of loyal clients that come back for someone. I love my SL and ASL and our District Leader is cool too. I guess you just gotta find the right shop. We are even friends with girls from other shops so the friendship is beyond our own salon. Some clients can be real mean or picky but thats what you get when you work with the public.

From Boca Raton — 11/30/2009

I started from beauty school and my co workers helped me grow to be a sucessful colorist. I love the company for me as a single mom they work around everything and are understanding in knowing your family comes first. I make very good money and provide a great lifestyle for me and my two kids..I own a home and have a new car. I decide how hard I want to work.
The cleaning of the shop and being a receptionist and over staffing are true but my pay check is what its about for me.

From lake worth, florida — 12/27/2008

i have worked with haircuttery for over 5 years, 5 wonderful and very well paid years. i am in my mid-twenties and i have been able to buy a condo, have a nice lexus and live a very fulfilling life. yes, u have to actually work to get anywhere in life, not only with this company but anywhere. i have worked in two salons and in both of them i have always been busy, the hours are flexible and thats why ur home life and work life can be very well balanced. im very happy with the company and i should recomend it to everyone who is looking fro a carreer.

From Towson — 07/17/2008

I have nothing bad to say about this company. It is what you make of it. I work part time as a Master Stylist and am very content. Some locattions may not be the best but I can not say that for TowsonTown Center, MD. Most of the stylists are very competant and our manager cares about us. You can make a lot of money with this company if you are motivated. I used to be a Salon Leader and the CEO helped me personally through a trauma that I went through. Most salons dont even offer any kind of benefit package. People might complain about Hair Cuttery yet why does it keep expanding? Looks like someone somewhere is doing something right!