Working at Hagerty Insurance — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Hagerty Insurance pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Hagerty Insurance

From Traverse City, MI — 07/16/2010

Hagerty does have a good energy about itself, it has a beautiful building the owners are hands on still and the cliental is above average to say the least. That being said, it is cliquier than any other place I have been besides maybe ‘high school’ and if you aren’t the type that likes to dress up for Halloween at work as a team ie smurfs, Dalmatians, Charley and the chocolate factory etc… then you are a ‘outsider’ and you will gradually be weeded out.
As far as PAY goes he hear way to often View of the Bay half the Pay, even though this is a world wide company and makes 100’s of millions dollars they do pay far less than national average and just to confirm that this they are always running over budget for training b/c of the higher than norm turn over when Pay doesn’t meet expectations.

From Traverse City, MI — 08/15/2008

Hagerty is a fantastic place to work. They are very family oriented, and take care of their employees. They expect a lot from their employees- but in a good way. If you want to move around in the company, there are opportunities all the time since they are growing so much. I've been there more than 9 years and hope to retire from Hagerty one day.

From Traverse City MI — 04/07/2008

I came across a bad review for Hagerty Insurance on this site and I just had to give my .02 cents. Hagerty is the best employer you could ever hope to work for! I have worked there a year and a half and plan on still being there 20 years from now. The reviewer who said you have to know someone to get a promotion is way off base. I'm not originally from MI (not even close) and I've gotten two raises and a promotion since staring there. They offer 401k and pension and MANY other benefits. And the office is the coolest! I've NEVER been talked down to by anyone who works there and I think of Hagerty as my second home. It's so much fun to talk about cars all day and look at photos of all the cool cars we insure. There's always a Hagerty event coming up to look forward to whether it be the Hagerty Car show during Cherry Festival or a picnic etc. I just wanted to come on here and say that other person who reviewed Hagerty was way wrong about what it's REALLY like working there because it's a joy. I didn't want someone who was thinking of applying there to get the wrong idea!