Working at H&R Block — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about H&R Block pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at H&R Block

From Houston, TC — 07/11/2010

After reading some of the negative reviews on H&R Block, I thought it would be appropriate to explain my honest opinion. Some of the negative reviews are based entirely on one event or occurrence that happened while they were working there. Everybody has those days at work when nothing goes right, or the boss says something that rubs you the wrong way.

I found H&R Block to be a decent job. It is a seasonal job, so you are only working for about 4 months. Once you get the hang of it and you get good at it, tax season is over. The pay is OK. You are not going to retire off what they pay you, but it is a great part-time gig if you are looking for a little extra cash.

Everything about this job is simply OK. It is nothing to get too excited about, but nothing to really complain about either. Not much growth opportunity at this company as most of the people are seasonal employees. But again, not a bad place to work if you want to work part time for a few months out of the year.

From Lemont, il — 12/11/2009

Most of the folks who work here are great, intelligent and kind. Great flexibilty and management. not a bad gig.

From Kansas City, MO — 11/09/2009

H&R Block is a stable company that has been resting on its laurels and reputation for a many years now. Although the management changes periodically, many of those who do the work and run the day-to-day operations have been there a long time and are mostly interested in protecting the status quo. One of the biggest issues is how the company views its consumer (as a piggy-bank), and tries all kinds of ways to squeeze pennies from clients. They want to be viewed as a trusted adviser, but do not have their clients' interests in mind, only how to squeeze them dry.