Working at Greenville technology Inc (GTI) — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Greenville technology Inc (GTI) pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Explore More on Glassdoor.com

Reviews of Jobs at Greenville technology Inc (GTI)

From greenville,ohio — 04/17/2010

Pay is pretty decent for the work. The jobs aren't terribly hard, some just faster than others....respect, you get back what you give....benefits, have went downhill over the past years, but so has the economy....job security....do your job correctly , bottom line....work/life balance...there are times when O.T. is required, just wish some (not all) of those on 8 hour/ 40 hour restrictions would be looked into a little further, alot of GA's are taking advantage of this, putting the burden on the others, then there are those who physically cannot do more than 40 hrs.....career growth.....pretty much who you are,not what you know..location is good.....co-worker competence....lets say our quality speaks for that, we are showing Honda that we employ some people who cannot count, do not know their right from left and sometimes cannot read......work enviroment....the production floor has really cleaned up...no back-up packaging laying around, racks,baskets,containers etc...are in straight rows...looks much better. As far as co-worker,work enviroment goes..pay attention to what you are doing, don't worry about who is talking to who, or seeing what kind of gossip you can stir up. I would bet my paycheck, that almost every DTR has happened because the associate was talking, therefore leaving the door wide open for the potential to miss components, short pack ,send short shots etc...we need to concentrate on the job we are responsible for. Back to co-workers....I can only speak for my shift,but I'm sure it applys to all, the saying " misery loves company", is soooo true. When every single day, all you do is complain and put others down,make fun of, or laugh at your fellow workers,you are showing the rest of us, what a miserable life you must have. I feel sorry for you because your self esteem must be in the toilet. and talking trash about others is your way of making yourself feel better . Please leave your miserable life at the front door when you come to work. Don't know about the rest of you, but I need my job. You know as well as I do, that times have changed and jobs just aren"t out there anymore. Take a moment and think, " where would I go, if I were to be terminated due to sending poor quality parts to our customer?' Think about it.........

From greenville, oh — 03/09/2010

It's been a year since I first reviewed and I thought I should come back and see if anything has changed on my review number. I wanted to see if mine or anyone else's venting really had any effect. Obviously not. Santa's still ringing everyone's bell, speak out letters are still as edgy as a book detailing the adventures of Dick, Spot, and Jane, and people in positions that should be respected do nothing to earn it. I've been drug tested, had my body mass index checked, and thoroughly forewarned that my lifestyle will cause increases in my rates in the not too distant future. I'm ready. I barely care anymore. I am nearly a zombie everyday, like hundreds of others, shuffling to the GTI entrance hoping against all odds that today will be the day that we find brains somewhere inside it's walls. I check the propaganda sheet, check Santas naughty list for things like Kleenex boxes left on top of desks, see what unfortunate souls ended up with their part returned from Honda (do we officially have all of our eggs in their basket?), then I read the safety ads written by my much smarter co-workers and ingenious 5S board and read my GTI mission statement and my GTI enviromental mission statement on the way to my pre-shift meeting and listen as enthusiastically as possible as my team leader details all of the mistakes that we are making and reinforces that we need to follow the our operation standards or face disciplinary action and that if we see something wrong on the operation standards we need to address that with them and close the meeting by reading the rule of the day. Then I go to work for the day. I do it and I don't talk to anyone, at least I don't if I can help it. I don't read anything, I don't drink anything, I hold it until breaks or lunch, I ask questions when I don't know, I help others when I can, I find things to stay busy, I perform jobs that I don't like, I perform jobs I do like, I don't get to choose. That's fine. I bend, I twist, I lift, I set, I cut, I tape, I burn, I buff, I ache, I track, I report, I label, I need to do a better job because if I don't the the competition will, I need to watch my breaks, quality is the key to success, I have to go faster, I have to clean my area before I leave, I have to answer for anything I fail to do, I only have so many chances, I am tired, I am worried about my job, there sure are a lot of temps,.

Nobody answers to us and I guess if they were doing a better job I wouldn't feel like I needed an answer. We are now one of Honda's worst five suppliers and have been denied some future business because of it. I don't see how this can be with all of the business fads we have been applying to GTI. Did we overbid in years past. Is it possible we took on more business than the budgeted manpower was able to perform properly. Is it possible we have turned to Honda for too much of our fortune. If they could get us the amount of fruitful business that a facility our size can adequately accommodate then I know we can turn wonderful profits. How do I know this? Because we have done it before. But then heads swell and brains get shat out on the floor. Cycle times are decreased, manpower reduced, and inventories are reduced. People get rushed and mistakes get made because of greed.

They tell me it's my fault. They tell you it's your fault. But if you could sit in those manager meetings, I bet you would see one big CYA convention. How do the same people that made this company good profits and were happy at one point get so miserable. Because those at the very top that let V.P.'s and managers get off of the hook every time their is a problem instead of shaking things up in their own ranks, they are allowed to remove the hook and sink it in the jaw of everyone of us. Any manager, V.P. or president of this company who has issue with any of this other than using the skinny Santa to describe someone, please respond to this somehow. Tell the truth because I've become pretty good at identifying when you are lying or not telling whole truths in an attempt to pin it back on us.

From Greenville — 11/22/2009

For the most part I enjoy my job,sure there are some things that bother me like the GAs blaiming ever bad thing that happens on management.I see alot of things that are done by both sides that I feel effect our bottom line.First of all the monthly meetings ,there is a lot that is gone over that does not directly effect alot of the people in any given presentation such as talking about paint with people from injection or assembly if the meetings were designed specifically for each department everyone would see what they have to improve on and not worry so muc on someone else.I believe that by doing this would make the meetings shorter and maybe keep some people from sleeping through them. I also see a lot of finger pointing and blame shifting between dpartments and shifts ,whenever there is a problem the first thing you hear is its not our fault instead of lets check every possibe problem and see what ae come up with. I would like to see more communication about everything from what parts need to be ran to make a truck,preferably at the first of the shift to what problems the previous shift had if any and what they did to resolve them.As for our insurance it seems like a lot of people dont understand or dont care about costs until they are responsible fr paying them,I for one applaude the H.R.A.that we were required to go through so maybe some would realize that healh insurance is just like automobile insurance ,if you continually turn in claims the insurance company is forced to raise premiums. So if we would all take better care of ourselfs like not smoking,not overeating constantly and maybe exercising a little bit maybe we could turn this thing around,but we have to realize that it is not just the people in the factory that are causing our rates to go up,it is the spouses and children also who are covered by our healthcare plan ,so if they smoke,drink or eat excessively that will also keep our rates going up andup yearly because any insurance company tyat I have ever talked to cant keep paying more money out in claims than they are taking in on premiums cant stay in business very long. So if you want to blame someone for the state of GTI and their future maybe we should all take a long hard look in the mirror because I know that I am not perfect and no one else on earth is either .Thank You

From Greenville, OH — 04/01/2009

Boy, it sure is nice to have PTO days that you cannot use whenever you need them!!! Thank you upper management for screwing up! 3 people per shift is totally rediculous!!!

From greenville, ohio — 03/27/2009

I have read and read all these comments on here and I have finally had to vent also. First of all, we are all lucky we have jobs and should be thinking of that first and foremost. Secondly, all you immature people that want to get on here to VENT about your job should do just that and quit making personal attacks on your co-workers. WE all have people we could just assume do without but I didn't get a job at GTI to make friends. I got a job there because 10+ years ago it was the place to be in the area and I have a family to feed and support. Ten years plus later I still have a family to feed and support regardless of how many hours I am getting...I make it work by living within my financial means...some of us are good at that and some people live in a materialistic world and have to keep up with the Jones'.. so to speak. I like my job and get along with everyone because that is what co-workers are supposed to do. I concern myself with my job and not who is doing who or not doing their job...as long as I am doing my job to the best of my ability, then I am doing more than some. Why does everyone want to blame the management for EVERYTHING?? It is the economy that is driving us all crazy and a little scared...I am not defending all their decisions because some of those decisions just don't make any amount of sense. I wouldn't want that stress on my shoulders and I don't think any of you people would either...instead you come on here and slam your bread and butter. I don't think the management is the one forgetting the components or labeling containers wrong? We have less people on the floor, and less hours working but we are still having quality and delivery issues....more than if we had full production. This is the time, I think, we should be doing the best possible job in all areas. If we can't handle this what happens next week, when we go back to five days...things are going to go downhill. IF there is a perfect job out there that doesn't have catty (meow) coworkers, stress, lack of repect, etc., please let us know...cause we all want it. When you all figure out that it doesnt' exist, then maybe GTI will be a better place. If you don't like that, then go find it somehow please and quit making yourself so miserable that you have no other choice but to pull out the claws. Ten plus years ago, the same things were going on...quality and delivery issues, stupid decisions, catty people, people sleeping with other people, etc...it never ended but now because everyone is scared, the claws have come out and people found a place to VENT.

From GREENVILLE — 03/26/2009

I'm content at GTI. If your not happy there, move on! Go away! GTI has given alot, some of you are spoiled adolescents. If you want respect, try to give respect. If you have any benefits, you should appreciate them. No job is secure anywhere if you don't do your part. Treat your job as delicate as you would your family. If you work with someone who has a crappy attitude, tell them to save it for someone who wants to hear it. Your work environment is what you make it. We are responsible for our own happiness and our mistakes, learn to deal with it. Your not the only ones in the world, it also belongs to us naturally happy people, too. Grow up and stop acting like adolescents. I'm a (GA) in a unique department and enjoy the small amount of people I work with.

From Greenville Ohio — 03/26/2009

Here's what I see. Yea this is a place to vent and blow off and make you feel better. The truth to the matter is, if all of you making these comments are as miserable as you say you are... why are you still there? You are smart, skilled, underappreciated, so go get a job somewhere else that you get all of these things you are looking for. No one is stopping you, right. We know they are out there. Talented people continue to leave GTI and lead successful lives in other places. Be free! Stop bringing down the rest of us with your negativity and insinuating opinions when you dont know all of the facts. The disrespectful things you are saying... you should be ashamed. Your jealousy of other peoples success is showing. You have a right to feel what you want but if you have not intentions of fixing it yourself then get over it!

From Greenville — 03/26/2009

Ok Time to vent.First I want to say that I have worked at GTI for many many years. I have seen team leaders come and go. For the most part I have enjoyed the work. The past several years we have started to slide into unknown depths. We have been fortunate not to be laid off work (Delphi, Fram , Corning). For the area that we work in and the wages we get are competitive. Yes they could be higher don't get me wrong, we all want more money. But I think the GTI is losing focus on the lifeblood of our company.
I have several gripes that have not been addressed through our wonderful "Speak Out" or through our elustrious team leaders.
1.Why do we need administrators doing the PTO and scheduling? This is a waste of 40,000 dollars a year x 2. When the associates are asked to accept a layoff and reduced hours, can GTI justify these 2 positions? We have less workers, why the need? Has having the team leaders on the floor helped our quality? NOPE. You ask us to work harder, faster, smarter, why can't the team leaders accept more responsiblities?
2.Why is there a need for someone to take pictures of 5S? Can't the team leaders be responsible for their sections or offices? This is where they need to step up and do their jobs. We are expected to push and push,come on now and do some pushing of your self.
3.Rules are not fairly followed by each department. Why is it that when we are told that we have to wear watch and ring guards (no exceptions) but support departments are allowed to not follow the same rules that we have to on the floor. There is a shipping associate on our shift that just got married and has a big ring, but it is never covered with a ring guard. I care less of the ring, the rules are in place.I have brought this up and a blind eye is always turned by our team leader. If she wants to model, let her go model at fashion bug plus. Breaks, why is it allowed that we are kept at at tight minimum on our breaks and lunch but the husband/wife team in shipping can take their measly old time going to and from breaks? This has also been brought up.If they want to be turtles, go to the Columbus Zoo. Why does GTI put up with a back up trainer running down the trench all the time to see her boyfriend? Or the trainer that goes into the qc lab to see her "friend" (or him to her line)several times during the day. Why does our "State Senator" get to stand around and talk to anyone and everyone? Maybe it's politics, who knows. That is one job at GTI that is overpaid. A trained monkey can do that job. Maybe we can trade a turle for a monkey. GTI needs to hold everyone to the same rules and make everyone follow them and not just whenever or whomever they feel like it.
4.GTI does a terrible job at informing us associates on what is going on. Next thursday we will find out officially that we will no longer have an attendance bonus. Yes we know about this, the GTI management team of Ronald McDonald and Elvira (scheduling) have the hot line to the floor. Our TIP queen gets all of her info straight from Ronald himself. Why can't the management just tell us without having to hear it second hand. We deserve that much. It does not take a brain surgeon to figure things out, all you have to so is listen in the break room.
5.What happened to associate appreciation? We all understand about cutting costs, so heres a good suggestion, get rid of the phony tip program. Look at all the money that can be saved! If you take a close look at things, there are alot of Sr Techs and Techs high in the point standings (this results in $$$).Isnt it part of their jobs to make things better? Easier? They get paid more than we do, why reward them with additional money? The money saved from the tip program could then be used by the company to afford a nice yearly associate dinner for each associate and their guest to reward us for our years of service like we used to have. I am not saying a picnic, kings island, or a xmas party, just an appreciation dinner. Everyone deserves to be acknowledged for the hard work that we do daily.
6.This goes out to my coworkers, yes management has many issues and they really need to understand on how to stream line what they do, how they act, how rules are enforced,however we as associates need to understand that we cannot give them the ooportunity to nail us on anything.How many of you stand around and talk instead of doing something to help others out when your machine goes down? How many can't count? How many can't put the parts together right? We all have to stay focused on what we are doing so that we are able to pay our bills and be able to retire. Many of you are great to work with. Hopefully GTI will be here in the future, I hope so, but they really need to get a grip on things on the production floor and support areas. Address the issues that we bring to you with out treating us like were dumb. Treat us with respect as we will with to you. Keep everything fair. Be honest and open with us. I feel we deserve that much.

From Greenville OH — 03/25/2009

For the rural location this company gets by with not having great benefits. This year is the first time GTI has laid off in 22 years. When the business is going good and there is plenty overtime people get burned out. They still make you work overtime even if you don't want to. They expect you to give your life to them first and your family second. They do try to hire within for any jobs posted. As the automotive industry gets more competitive this company expects way too much for no more money.