Working at Grand Circle Travel Corporation — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Grand Circle Travel Corporation pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Grand Circle Travel Corporation

From Boston, MA — 09/01/2009

I have worked for Grand Circle and Overseas Adventure Travel for more than 15 years. In fact, more than 150 of us in the Boston office (out of 400 or so employees) have been here for 5 years or longer and, of these, 110 have been here for more than 10 years. Where else can you get great benefits, such as paid sabbaticals, free or reduced international travel, solid medical and dental benefits, a gym with a yoga instructor and wellness plan, spousal equivalency, adoption support, a transportation subisdy, an outdoor leadership center--and the beloved casual dress policy?

Since I started here, I've traveled to more than 20 countries, for work and for (subsidized) pleasure through Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

Grand Circle isn't for everyone. It's a fantastic place for people who are interested in a high energy, challenging work environment but probably not for people looking for a traditional corporate setting. It offers wonderful opportunity for people who are interested in professional and personal growth and in a dynamic company that can change course on a dime, that gives back to its community and places where we work and travel overseas, and that recognizes and rewards employees for their contributions. The motto of the company is "we help change people's lives." When I started working here, I thought. "oh, sure." But evenm a year into my job here, I realized that it was true.