Working at General Motors Corporation — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about General Motors Corporation pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at General Motors Corporation

From Fort Wayne, Indiana — 11/15/2009

Pay is excellent for only having a high school education and some college. Respect all depends on what supervisor you work for. Their are some good supervisors that treat you well and some that only see you as a number. Benefits are good compared to what others have. Unfortunately, they are not as good as they once where. Job Security is low, especially with the uncertainty of the future of GM. Also bringing a 3rd shift to the plant and if that goes sour, many will be jobless. Fortunately we make the best truck on the planet. Work and life balance is all work at the moment due to 11hr days. Can't complain though, very fortunate to be working, their are many union brothers and sisters out there that would trade for my situation in a heartbeat. As a line dog their really is no potential career growth, you come to work and do your job and then go home. Co-worker competence is excellent everyone I have worked with knows their job to a T. You always have that 1% that doesn't like to come to work on time or work at all. My opinion, they don't deserve the job and will hopefully weed themselves out with the new attendance policy. Work Environment is good for the most part. Like I said before if your supervisors is unsatisfactory, then that always make the work environment less tolerant. Overall though, my union brothers and sisters make GM Fort Wayne what it is not only the best truck plant, but the best overall plant GM has. They work their butts off to make the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra the trucks they are........the Best.

From indiana — 11/15/2009

GM has been good to me for 15 years

From Flint, MI — 05/19/2009

Certainly everyone at GM knows that the job security sucks, but the pay and benefits are pretty good, and the work environment and friendships amongst coworkers is great. Although tough times bring harsh decisions, times like these often bring teams together and this has happened at GM.

From Janesville, WI — 08/18/2007

sucks, they dont care about no one but production