Working at general electric — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about general electric pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at general electric

From New England Region — 08/20/2010

As a new employee, with new ideas, you need lots of flexibility and patience. With respect to the work floor, is quite scared of changes and takes time. Employees overall think highly of quality of their work and working safely. I made it less than 1 year, before being layed off due to recession, and the benefits are very good.

From FL — 05/12/2010

Loved working for GE, employees were treated with respect and work life balance was encouraged on a regular basis. Less bureaucracy than most companies and co-workers work together as team members helping each other out. Great company to work for and great benefits.

From Waukesha, WI — 01/30/2009

Benefits at GE are quite good, especially the healthcare coverage.

Senior leadership has respect for employees, management treats like numbers and very short term focused. See much more respect from my immediate manager and team leaders.

Work life balance should be called work is life balance, but company does seem to have a cultural attitude about it being OK to telecommute, which helps.

Work with very competent and intelligent people in a comfortable environment.